Beta Feedback thread for update 1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
It's time again for testing a Beta version of Exiled Kingdoms. It has been years since the last, I really missed this interaction with the players!

EDIT: please read! Most of the crashes and errors in dialogues are fixed in build 1154. Before reporting a "major" bug please make sure you have updated to latest Beta.

The purpose of this topic is reporting issues (or just general feedback) with the Beta update 1.3 from May 2021. All feedback is welcome: Crashes, imbalances, errors, typos... or, hopefully, some "quest X worked fine" posts, even.

Here is all the information about the update, including how to become a tester: https://exiledkingdoms.com/forum/in...-be-available-for-android-beta-testers.18016/

Update is already rolling out on Play Store and Steam for Testers, last build is 1160

Last edited:

p4ran0id

Staff member
yep, since I started with my oldest game and it may suffer of such adjustments.

Also, I'm sorry to say that I am stuck with the Path of the Deer quest. I have fully activated it by passing every dialogue check, it's just that I really don't know where to go! The journal provides no clue, I see no gossip at the tavern and, if there was any important clue during that endless talk with the varannari druid, I have missed it.

well that's easy but I also struggle a bit

the advice is already in the dialogue, he was fighting dragons, you have 2 teleport points and only one lead to an area where you can fight a dragon. 😏

yes you have to go back to the liar and kill it again, you find the needed sword in the chest behind him. it's in

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Path of the Deer: I killed the Deep Cauldron dragon again, but I didn't find the deer sword. Or maybe I did but sold it without noticing? Not sure. But I'm stuck, can't finish the Deer quest.

My Death Witch Gemma Jade has deviously infiltrated the Varranari clan only to discover the secrets of the evil Varranari Shadow Witches, she wants to become the most powerful Death Witch in the galaxy so she NEEDS to finish this quest! Please, help her achieve her evil dream!

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Path of the Deer: I killed the Deep Cauldron dragon again, but I didn't find the deer sword. Or maybe I did but sold it without noticing? Not sure. But I'm stuck, can't finish the Deer quest.

My Death Witch Gemma Jade has deviously infiltrated the Varranari clan only to discover the secrets of the evil Varranari Shadow Witches, she wants to become the most powerful Death Witch in the galaxy so she NEEDS to finish this quest! Please, help her achieve her evil dream!
It's not dropped by the dragon, but in a chest behind him, and it's non-sellable.

p4ran0id

Staff member

it's in the chest behind the dragon and not a drop.

the 2h ice sword in the chest that says deer in description

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Hi David!
Thank you for your game, I love it! I've played it 6 times now, I'm a huge fan :)
The new quests are awesome! Here's my first suggestion:

I'm a story-driven player. As I went through the Varranari Witches underground, and completed the Forsaken lair and the Temple of the Sleepers, I was hyped at the story. But I want more... I need more!!! More storytelling!!! Discovering the origins of the Witches, the Forsaken and of the Sleeper gods would be the greatest reward for achieving those quests. If I could, I would spend hours going through the books and scrolls to read all about them. I don't need XP or items as reward, just story. I'm sure lots of players are like me. I'm super excited about the story of the gods, and I would love to find a library or an archive at the end of the Temple, to read about them. It could even require extreme trait checks, or some sacrifice, payment, solving a riddle, etc. But give us more story! It's already so good, I need to know the rest! :)

PS: I also want to become a god. And join the Varranari Death Witches.
Post automatically merged:    

it's in the chest behind the dragon and not a drop.

the 2h ice sword in the chest that says deer in description
OMG I had the sword all along!!! I just never noticed the mention of the deer marking on it! Thanks guys, I'm good now :)

p4ran0id

Staff member
Hi David!
Thank you for your game, I love it! I've played it 6 times now, I'm a huge fan :)
The new quests are awesome! Here's my first suggestion:

I'm a story-driven player. As I went through the Varranari Witches underground, and completed the Forsaken lair and the Temple of the Sleepers, I was hyped at the story. But I want more... I need more!!! More storytelling!!! Discovering the origins of the Witches, the Forsaken and of the Sleeper gods would be the greatest reward for achieving those quests. If I could, I would spend hours going through the books and scrolls to read all about them. I don't need XP or items as reward, just story. I'm sure lots of players are like me. I'm super excited about the story of the gods, and I would love to find a library or an archive at the end of the Temple, to read about them. It could even require extreme trait checks, or some sacrifice, payment, solving a riddle, etc. But give us more story! It's already so good, I need to know the rest! :)

PS: I also want to become a god. And join the Varranari Death Witches.

OMG I had the sword all along!!! I just never noticed the mention of the deer marking on it! Thanks guys, I'm good now :)
don't get too greedy, David made more than enough for that price already, last update was already a bonus after years

Van Clayzer

É hora de testar novamente uma versão Beta do Exiled Kingdoms. Já se passaram anos desde a última, eu realmente senti falta dessa interação com os jogadores!

EDITAR: por favor, leia! A maioria dos travamentos e erros nos diálogos são corrigidos na compilação 1154. Antes de relatar um bug "principal" , certifique-se de atualizar para o beta mais recente.

O objetivo deste tópico é relatar problemas (ou apenas comentários gerais) com a atualização Beta 1.3 de maio de 2021. Todos os comentários são bem-vindos: Falhas, desequilíbrios, erros, erros de digitação ... ou, esperançosamente, algumas postagens "quest X funcionou bem" , mesmo.

Aqui estão todas as informações sobre a atualização, incluindo como se tornar um testador: https://exiledkingdoms.com/forum/index.php?threads/exiled-kingdoms-update-will-soon-be-available-for-android- beta-testers.18016 /

A atualização já está sendo lançada na Play Store para testadores, mas não tenho como saber quanto tempo o Google levará para analisá-la. Pode levar horas ... pode levar dias. Vou deixar o tópico aberto
Amei idéia de ter um novo Deus! Gostaria que houvessem mais momentos que nosso personagem tivesse contato com Deuses, até agora tivemos com Tol e com o Deus dos sussurros,espero que você possa criar mais momentos como este!

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
don't get too greedy, David made more than enough for that price already, last update was already a bonus after years
Haha I know! And I'm super grateful for this awesome game!
But seriously, my only true suggestion would be to add a bit of story text at the end of the Forsaken and Sleepers quests. There's already a book we can read in each quest to learn about the past events. A few more pages, a few more books wouldn't be much work, but would add a lot of depth to the story. :)

Commiades

First time you use the sword on the altar in the secret room (with poison cloud) in the Undergrove, the guardian dragon should appear. After defeating it, use the sword a second time on the very same altar. A bridge should appear which leads you to the section with the black pool.
I didn't read the quest information carefully... Found it all, thanks. Some very nice loot!

Thanks everyone for the last pages of info and feedback, I'll work through everything being reported/suggested.

Also I want to ask if anyone has tried the new Combustion and Death Cloud skills, and in particular if the mana cost seems to high (I tried it a bit and maybe it's too high)
I'm loving Death Cloud with my wand mage - it's the Slow that makes it good. Been trying out other characters, so haven't used it exhaustively.

She has Combustion III and Death Cloud I. Both are very useful, and the Mana costs seems reasonable. As she's Level 24, judging this is hard, but it should make solo grinding for her doable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.