Beta Feedback thread for update 1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
It's time again for testing a Beta version of Exiled Kingdoms. It has been years since the last, I really missed this interaction with the players!

EDIT: please read! Most of the crashes and errors in dialogues are fixed in build 1154. Before reporting a "major" bug please make sure you have updated to latest Beta.

The purpose of this topic is reporting issues (or just general feedback) with the Beta update 1.3 from May 2021. All feedback is welcome: Crashes, imbalances, errors, typos... or, hopefully, some "quest X worked fine" posts, even.

Here is all the information about the update, including how to become a tester: https://exiledkingdoms.com/forum/in...-be-available-for-android-beta-testers.18016/

Update is already rolling out on Play Store and Steam for Testers, last build is 1160

Last edited:

mikkimouse

DavidBVal,​

I understand the whole idea that varannari is a separate fraction and you need their trust to get quests, but unlike Ilmara (where you also need a high rep to access a Hall of Wisdom for instance) you can not get a rep boost from city hall quests, so you are stuck with mediocre reputation.

Am I missing something?

YoloEarnings

DavidBVal,​

I understand the whole idea that varannari is a separate fraction and you need their trust to get quests, but unlike Ilmara (where you also need a high rep to access a Hall of Wisdom for instance) you can not get a rep boost from city hall quests, so you are stuck with mediocre reputation.

Am I missing something?
There are 4 main vannari quests prior to the update that will get you to the correct reputation I'm also wondering if David might add another quest for the praetor in free town for the sick slaves that grants vannari rep.
Post automatically merged:    

If there are still minor changes being made I found a typo :p out>our

mikkimouse

The Price of Freedom +9 (and minus 10 to Jabal and Mercia)
Prisoner of Orcs +4
I Am the Best Hunter in the World... +3
Human Resources +8
Also there is a guy in Sydarin +2

+5 for bringing the heart of the wolf.

So to get 25+ you have to do the price of freedom in a violent way (or as someone mention - to kill mercians in the Elder forest) - no other option.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
The Price of Freedom +9 (and minus 10 to Jabal and Mercia)
Prisoner of Orcs +4
I Am the Best Hunter in the World... +3
Human Resources +8
Also there is a guy in Sydarin +2

+5 for bringing the heart of the wolf.

So to get 25+ you have to do the price of freedom in a violent way (or as someone mention - to kill mercians in the Elder forest) - no other option.

The idea is that Price of Freedom and Human Resources need to be resolved in a way that doesn't involve siding against them in a matter of slavery. This is not moral judgement, but mere logic of choice and consequences: selling or killing people that was peaceful and friendly to your character can't be compensated by bringing pelts, it would have been cheap and would still allow everyone to hunt/kill/sell the Varannari and then reap on the rewards from both sides (Wild Thunder, etc.). Who knows, maybe on next update I'll add rewards and unique content for people earning the trust of Mercia.

O guidão

DavidBVal,​

Am I missing something?
Yeah that's really sucks, because varanni never was relevant for the history, so i never get their reputation, and I kill some varannis for Mercia after the update, and now i'm stuck with 10 of reputation...
Post automatically merged:    

The idea is that Price of Freedom and Human Resources need to be resolved in a way that doesn't involve siding against them in a matter of slavery. This is not moral jusdgement, but mere logic of choice and consequences: selling or killing people that was peaceful and friendly to your character can't be compensated by bringing pelts, it would have been cheap and would still allow everyone to hunt/kill/sell the Varannari and then reap on the rewards from both sides (Wild Thunder, etc.). Who knows, maybe on next update I'll add rewards and unique content for people earning the trust of Mercia.
You mean trust of Varanni isn't?

Davriel

Translator
Can someone tell me where the prayer's page is, i can't find it and i've been searching for jour

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Can someone tell me where the prayer's page is, i can't find it and i've been searching for jour

In the City of Ancients, area with spiders and corpses. There's a second clue in the area with a lich.

Status
Not open for further replies.