Beta Feedback thread for update 1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
It's time again for testing a Beta version of Exiled Kingdoms. It has been years since the last, I really missed this interaction with the players!

EDIT: please read! Most of the crashes and errors in dialogues are fixed in build 1154. Before reporting a "major" bug please make sure you have updated to latest Beta.

The purpose of this topic is reporting issues (or just general feedback) with the Beta update 1.3 from May 2021. All feedback is welcome: Crashes, imbalances, errors, typos... or, hopefully, some "quest X worked fine" posts, even.

Here is all the information about the update, including how to become a tester: https://exiledkingdoms.com/forum/in...-be-available-for-android-beta-testers.18016/

Update is already rolling out on Play Store and Steam for Testers, last build is 1160

Last edited:

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Uploading 1.3.1165, which adds the available translated files and is a candidate for public release.

Amazing work by volunteer translators, which already completed Portuguese version of the new files. German and Polish translation also made good progress.

JediNxf7

@DavidBVal , a couple of high-level secret doors in the new areas didn't trigger for me with passive searching. But I didn't wait that long.

The secret doors in witches area, the Sleepers dungeon and the last one in the new ice fortress all took a bit of effort to find. But nothing that didn't seem consistent with the game's mechanics. Those are pretty high level doors so it would take quite a bit of waiting for passive finding to trigger them?
yeah same. I had to take a few passes at going right next to a couple of those with my high awareness, maxed out dungeoneering rogue. but I chalked it up to difficultly level since it eventually worked. I don't think it's a bug, just appropriate endgame difficulty scaling.
Post automatically merged:    

@Sleeper , it doesn't appear you can cross the bridge without completing Lady of the Night in favor of Syllara.
oh no! I had helped the captain since in my previous game I felt rather evil after finding that she probably murdered him when I helped her lol.

Maxteraform

In Temple of the sleepers, what are the correct runes to step on. Kinda rushed into that one and is now stuck.

Chaol_007

Blizzard in middle of non-icy room. Not sure if this is a bug but felt it was worth mentioning...

Paulo Raccoon

Hello, since yesterday in version 1.3.1164 of Steam I have been having problems with the game closing alone when changing environments. It doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes when I change the environment in the game it locks and closes alone in the same second. I have a feeling that there is a greater chance that the game will close if I don't release the W-A-S-D movement keys when changing environments, but I'm not sure, because most of the time I change environments without releasing the movement screens. The problem continues today with version 1.3.1165.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Hello, since yesterday in version 1.3.1164 of Steam I have been having problems with the game closing alone when changing environments. It doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes when I change the environment in the game it locks and closes alone in the same second. I have a feeling that there is a greater chance that the game will close if I don't release the W-A-S-D movement keys when changing environments, but I'm not sure, because most of the time I change environments without releasing the movement screens. The problem continues today with version 1.3.1165.

Thanks for reporting. Maybe you should try a reinstall? So many consecutive updates through Steam may have corrupted a file.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
iOS (Apple) devices announcement:

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Have the Forsaken at the Ark been modified with the update? I'm trying to kill them to become the only alien on the planet ("there can ne only one!!!"), but I'm having a bit of a problem with my strategy... Muudari are monstrously powerful, so my plan is to use speed and invisibility potions to run and hide, and murder them one at a time. But the invisibility doesn't seem to work. Even while cloaked, the aliens just keep coming after me! Last attempt, I ran at superspeed far away to the other side of the room and became invisible, but a second later the entire Muudari swarm rushed towards me. And they were pissed. I felt Valeran's judgemental gaze upon me, and I was quickly executed for my dishonorable treachery.

I would like to say I've learned my lesson, but I still really want to slay those aliens. Am I missing something here? Can they see through invisibility? Do I stink?

Status
Not open for further replies.