Beta Feedback thread for update 1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
It's time again for testing a Beta version of Exiled Kingdoms. It has been years since the last, I really missed this interaction with the players!

EDIT: please read! Most of the crashes and errors in dialogues are fixed in build 1154. Before reporting a "major" bug please make sure you have updated to latest Beta.

The purpose of this topic is reporting issues (or just general feedback) with the Beta update 1.3 from May 2021. All feedback is welcome: Crashes, imbalances, errors, typos... or, hopefully, some "quest X worked fine" posts, even.

Here is all the information about the update, including how to become a tester: https://exiledkingdoms.com/forum/in...-be-available-for-android-beta-testers.18016/

Update is already rolling out on Play Store and Steam for Testers, last build is 1160

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
Right that off to a weird map-loading issue. Not the weirdest one that's popped up but it's up there....

p4ran0id

Staff member
Oh, it's impossible to do Arena with new mage build, maybe add a weapon with elemental or death dmg to Arena chest.

JediNxf7

Uploading 1162:

-resets the "Hard Bargainer" quest if you had started it due to a bug (in build 1160 and earlier) by finding the Lifestone.
-fixes Icemist inn door.
-small adjustments.
it definitely reset it and let me do the stuff in the lannegar mine. however, I am not seeing the war golem anywhere in the gorge. has his location changed, or will he not spawn (with the lifestone) a second time if I killed him in version 1160 or so, before you fixed the bug?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
it definitely reset it and let me do the stuff in the lannegar mine. however, I am not seeing the war golem anywhere in the gorge. has his location changed, or will he not spawn (with the lifestone) a second time if I killed him in version 1160 or so, before you fixed the bug?
Oh yeah... You had already turned in the lifestone :(

Okay, another fix for the few people that could have fallen into that trap. I'll respawn the war golem if quest is incomplete, probably tomorrow.

JediNxf7

Oh yeah... You had already turned in the lifestone :(

Okay, another fix for the few people that could have fallen into that trap. I'll respawn the war golem if quest is incomplete, probably tomorrow.
thanks! and sorry lol
Post automatically merged:    

Just got out and in - and it resets.
was this issue with the Temple of Sleeper Bridge/levers resolved? I had the second bridge panel out of the four reset after what didn't seem like it could be very long, I wondered if it was being reset just by leaving and entering but that would make it impossible to proceed, and it didn't seem to happen to all the levers from another section, just one of them. (I should have paid more attention and confirmed its the one I had set first).

would it also be reset if you quick save and load/die and load a quick save? I probably did that, but I don't think they all reset.

Last edited:

Maxteraform

I feel you should implement something so you can regain Varannari reputation. Currently at -18 and can't do everything.

JediNxf7

I feel you should implement something so you can regain Varannari reputation. Currently at -18 and can't do everything.
seems to me you can only get a really low reputation with the Varannari if you choose to either help enslave them or murder them unprovoked...

in a "choices have consequences" RPG I would not want that to be a line you can uncross, personally.

there might be an argument to be made that the game closes off more avenues if you choose the "dark" path than if you choose the "light" one. because that often entails fighting someone who would have been an ally giving you a quest. so maybe it would add balance to make evil choices a little more fun. but I'm certainly not gonna be the guy saying this world needs more content, now of all times :)

Status
Not open for further replies.