Beta Feedback thread for update 1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
It's time again for testing a Beta version of Exiled Kingdoms. It has been years since the last, I really missed this interaction with the players!

EDIT: please read! Most of the crashes and errors in dialogues are fixed in build 1154. Before reporting a "major" bug please make sure you have updated to latest Beta.

The purpose of this topic is reporting issues (or just general feedback) with the Beta update 1.3 from May 2021. All feedback is welcome: Crashes, imbalances, errors, typos... or, hopefully, some "quest X worked fine" posts, even.

Here is all the information about the update, including how to become a tester: https://exiledkingdoms.com/forum/in...-be-available-for-android-beta-testers.18016/

Update is already rolling out on Play Store and Steam for Testers, last build is 1160

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
Radia's body still fails to appear in Castle Storme.
Esp if you don't stay the night. Map loading issue?
Dialogue box appears and you can talk to her. She just an invisible ghost.

VDX_360

Staff member
Should Andy's Storme have a fixed drop? He seems to drop nothing, which could be just bad luck on a Rumor Boss loot roll.

He's optional, and can be a bit tough so something (even gold and basic ring?) would be the token loot.

JLanger

That quest can't be started if, in the past, your character opted for murdering or enslaving peaceful Varannari (Human Resources and Price of Freedom quests)
I'm having a problem with this also. I have enough rep (37) and I've completed the Last of the Legion and Father of Wolves quests. I've also tried interacting with the two standing stones.
No matter what combination of dialogue options I try there is no response from Laughing Deer. There's also no clue as to what might be required to proceed with this quest.

VDX_360

Staff member
@OverCellus , the inn door at Icemist is a known oddity. Reported previously. It might get fixed in an update. It doesn't hurt anything so not a pressing one to fix.

VDX_360

Staff member
@JLanger , are you passing the trait checks? I think you need END 3, INT 3 and PERS 3. PERS 3 for the snake, END 3 for the back ache, and INT 3 to realize something about the deer.

Try with those traits and see if it works.

JediNxf7

a bug, some questions:

a) the golem trader in lannegar tunnel spoke to me like I already knew him and knew he wanted a lifestone. but we had never met. evidently I initiated "a hard bargain" by stumbling into combat with a different iron golem in the gorge of whatevers?

b) do those blue gates in the gorge of whatevers do anything but shock you? I thought maybe coming back to them with purple medallions would do something for some reason. it didn't. then again, I have 2, and have no idea where I'd find a third if that's the issue.

c) in the lannegar tunnel there are some things that seem like they should do something. there is a painting on the wall I can inspect, but just make a remark about, no action with it. and a book I can read, but with no consequence. and a dead body I can search, with no valuables including his scrolls.

it feels like there is a quest I am missing some step in, but I already finished the quest to recover thalassus(?) and the one in the forsaken fortress to kill the big bad of the ice demons.

VDX_360

Staff member
What version of the game are you on?

It sounds like you might be having a similar issue I had yesterday. Talk to the golem, find out about the library (yellow building), read the torn book, than search the body to get the page, than interact with the wall mural. That should work. I had to leave the area, re-load the map, and try again so the quest status from the previous version reset.

JediNxf7

It sounds like you might be having a similar issue I had yesterday. Talk to the golem, find out about the library (yellow building), read the torn book, than search the body to get the page, than interact with the wall mural. That should work. I had to leave the area, re-load the map, and try again so the quest status from the previous version reset.
latest one I think - 1161. golem never mentioned any of that stuff. will try reloading the map and talking to him again, but, having already killed azeron will it even work?

also, story mode doesn't allow saving in dungeons which is kinda weird when casual did. quick save still works, fwiw
Post automatically merged:    

yeah he just wants to sell me stuff. whatever dialogue options you're talking about, they never existed for me.
Post automatically merged:    

https://add.pics/image/ZGP5j

the dialogue around the book guarded by librarians says it must be the one the golem was talking about (he didn't). my only choice beneath that is "maybe later."

Last edited:

0rion79

Hi, i think i have found a bug (or so).
If you go to the new jungle area (the one nearby Freeguild where there is the temple accessible with the medallions only) and you get the orb from the golem before talking to the golem trader in the underground city under lannegar mines, when you approach him the first time, he will skip all the dialogues and the chance to get extra experience.
With the orb in hand, he will start dialogues right as of you spoke to him before even if you did not.
PS. I really can't find the clue about the rune sequence for the labyrinth. If you didn't tell me, I'd be stuck there. That part is really difficult!

Status
Not open for further replies.