Best Sword and Shield warrior build

Duck123

Loreseeker
I am a lvl 23 warrior and I don’t really have a build, I just put skill points in whatever, I want to know what the best sword and shield warrior build is

VDX_360

Staff member
First, and foremost, "best" is really subjective as there are a lot of very different builds out there. If you're having fun, and progressing the game at a reasonable pace, than you're build is solid.

Before given a detailed suggestion, there's a few general questions about what build type you want, those answers guide a lot of fine points of a build.

Warrior Shield Build:

1) Are you using a STR or AGL build (1-Hand or light weapons):
There are some solid AGL builds out there (Flurry is your friend) but most Shield Warriors lean towards 1-H weapon use, which means a STR build. Increases damage and HP. NOTE: The stun immunity and critical hit reducing skill Infantry Training is only effective with a 1-H weapon, not a light weapon.

2) Active or Passive Skills:
Passive skills are used all the time, active skills give a higher benefit when used but will get used a lot less than passive skills. Active skills can also help the player feel more involved in the game. Most players use a mix, but there are some solid reasons to focus only on passive skills.

3) Guild:
Not shockingly, most warriors of any build choose the Warrior's Guild, but there are some --small-- benefits for choosing another guild.

4) Companion:
Hirge, build as a healer, is a highly recommended companion for a warrior but Gressenda can give out some nasty damage.

5) Trait Point Allotments:
I'm lumping quest trait checks and balance between mental and physical traits into one topic here. Some quests have trait checks you need to pass to get certain outcomes. Some players prefer a highly combat orientated character (strong as an ox, dump as a rock, etc). Some players prefer a balance (toss some points to PERS, AWA and INT, it pays dividends... sometimes).

6) Skills:
Questions 1 through 5 might impact on what skills you can, or are strongly advised to get, but if there's any skill you ---must--- have as a player, than you might need to take that into consideration when allotting trait points, picking guilds, etc.

Claytopia

While your question the surface appears simple there are a lot of variables.

I am going to assume you are looking at a high level strength build so here you go...

The best shield is the Shield of the Dragon hunter, next is the Infernal Aegis both of which a unique, otherwise there is the Scutum or Hero's shield.

For Long swords the Nanocarbon Sword is a popular choice but for me its either the Adamantite or Paladins sword (always carry Justice for werewolves and trolls)

Here do yourself a solid and check out the Wiki

http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... =Equipment

Artemis Leafarrow

I still thought AGI builds were best for shield using warriors. Agi gives armor too and same damage bonus to light weaps that str gives to 1h, so you end up with a light weapon doing same dps, but much more armor from the agi. Little less hps, but I feel the mitigation from armor is always better than raw hps. Just my opinion though

Atomos

Artemis Leafarrow":1gcw6l2c said:
I still thought AGI builds were best for shield using warriors. Agi gives armor too and same damage bonus to light weaps that str gives to 1h, so you end up with a light weapon doing same dps, but much more armor from the agi. Little less hps, but I feel the mitigation from armor is always better than raw hps. Just my opinion though
You can't use infantry training with light weapons though, and that skill makes a big difference.

I made a nice description of warriors skills in another post, so I'll put a link here ;D
https://www.exiledkingdoms.com/forum/vi ... 394#p46453

Duck123

Loreseeker
I use adamantite sword and shield of the dragon hunter have hirge as a companion boost my strength and agility equal and am in the Warriors guild oh and I prefer passive skills