best guild

Sharkyinthe UK

Depends on your class and concept !

For instance a str based melee rogue may find the warriors guild the best option.

Like a agi based archer warrior may choose the rogues guild.

feldon

Loreseeker
GOD OF WAR":w4ixi2v1 said:
which is the best guild
Unanswerable really, especially bc the guilds and advanced skills aren't fully developed yet. But Warrior's guild is probably the most useful to the most number of builds.

If you're:
Warrior-Warrior Guild, no questions asked
Rogue-Thieves guild if you're ranged, WG can be viable option if you go more mêlée
Clerics-Clerics guild is by far the 'weakest' guild, as the current adv. skills offered are lacking compared to the other two. Warrior Guild offers a nice boost to ur damage but you will miss out on any future Cleric specific routes that come along.

For the most part, I'd recommend sticking w the guild that matches your class to make sure you get to experience the most each class has to offer when the game is more complete.

tal

im a clerc and i picked warr guild.. before there where cleric guild available
so i hope in the future we will have the option to change guild(at a cost ofc).

feldon

Loreseeker
tal":3rnbuze6 said:
im a clerc and i picked warr guild.. before there where cleric guild available
so i hope in the future we will have the option to change guild(at a cost ofc).
David has said on a few occasions he has no plans for allowing guild changes, but he may soften on the idea...

Dimidium

Yeah...He has repeatedly said that Guild changes wouldn't be allowed. The Oath you take for that guild is truly part of the Role Playing experience. No one can go back on an Oath without being shunned.

A man (or woman) is only as good as their word, right?

tal

Well if the game was fully out i would agree with david but sins it's still in development and the guilds are not equal in the things they give you( traits and merchants) i dont think it's fair.. the warrior guild was up before the cleric and offer better things at the moment and i picked it cuse it gave me advantage in game.
i think the best solution will be that if u leave a guild your rep with them will suffer like go down to 0 minus 50%.
as the game advancing and building it self so does the characters.. when david fix traits and change them he usually reset them for us freely so we can choose again.
im playing this game 8 months (not daily anymore) with the same character and im not going to start same class just because i picked the wrong guild.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
What you're talking is temporary solution, just for beta period.

If it should be a part of finished game, then we still would have option to change guilds and your logic wouldn't work (i.e. that game isn't finished).

Benefits given for beta testers have reason, so testers can test different builds, needs to be programmed, programmed back before public release and also may be something easier to code than options to change guilds.

Of course I can understand your logic, it could be beneficial if we all can change guilds to test them when we test test release. But, it is for David to decide in the end, it is now been suggested enough time that David is aware that some of the players want to change guilds.

I myself think that I would create different characters (now we can have 10 active games) and play them. I even think that it is nice thing that we can choose guild at all. Now warrior can join thieves, clerics, or wizards (when they become available, of course), not just warriors. Things might be different, warriors might join only warriors guild.

ClockworkGhost

Yes, I have multiple characters on the go, my main character is a Warrior guild warrior, my current 8th level warrior is trying to find the secret door into the room of death so I can get the item to join the thieves guild as I want to become a fighter/thief, my cleric has attacked every green skin on sight, and now they do the same - can't wait until I get out West and start laying into the slaves :D I've got a thief archer on hold at 3rd level who's going to be a thief/mage, and another cleric who'll do the same. There are so many ways to play this game, so many builds to explore :)

Dibs on the build name of 'witch doctor' for a cleric/mage :D

MiguelIV

As many has commented depend what you do want, in general i belive warrior guild is the bether opcion for all skill you can train (duel, havy hand) its usefull for al clases
Perphaps the tree offer to his members holy plate set that is one of the best for clerics (extra mana and good armor)