Best companion for Cleric?

Cainus

Parafron":27bq50i6 said:
Cainus":27bq50i6 said:
Check mine signature and youll see my companion also build in that topic. :)
I checked your build before making my cleric,I may try it out in the future,but I have one question.Do you avoid sacred fire for being a bad skill or just for rpging reasons
?
Anyway I may change gris to a S&S just for the sake of using the godly icicle early on

As you see my build is not a pure cleric.. Sacred Fire is ok its very useful time to time. But in my build point is melee attacks also getting higher dps and dph..
So i prefered Arbenos might.

Roukan

Loreseeker
Regarding Sacred Fire, its usefulness depends on the type of cleric you're building.

Note that the main selling points of Sacred Fire are it's ability to hit more than one target, something that clerics sorely lack; the extra damage to undead is a nice bonus too. In general, pausing to cast Sacred Fire against single targets results in a dps loss as compared to continuous melee attacks. This doesn't apply to undead targets; against undead, fire away.

Cainus' cleric build is that of a warrior guild cleric. By joining the warrior guild, clerics get to enjoy cheaper HP potions and access to the Heavy Hand and Duel skills. This boosts their single target melee dps high enough that Sacred Fire usually has to hit 3 or more targets to out damage their melee attack dps. Also, the usage of duel discourages interruptions to their melee attacks, a disincentive to use sacred fire. IMO, the only mana skill they truly benefit from is Arbenos' Might, since it doesn't compete with, but buffs melee dps. Since they lack access to mana potions from a vendor, the limited mana is probably better saved for more Arbenos' Might anyway. For warrior guild clerics, Sacred Fire is really quite optional.

If you choose to instead join The Three, Sacred Fire might prove a little more useful. Lacking the melee dps of their warrior guild counterparts, Sacred Fire usually only needs to hit at least 2 targets to outdamage their melee dps; you'd find many more opportunities to use Sacred Fire. Also, mana potions are available for sale to clerics of The Three, so you'd have no problems sustaining a heavy usage of the skill. While not a necessity, Sacred Fire is certainly more useful to clerics of The Three. Still optional though.

Whether or not to get Sacred Fire boils down to one question. Do you want to have a multi-target attack available to fall back on?

CristianoR

I do not see the advantage of being a cleric of the three guild, I think you can buy the blessed armor there. Plus the best abilities are in the guild of the warriors. I'm getting discouraged with the game. Already have a time that I play and my cleric does not leave the level 11. and I am dying easy for monsters of level 9. I find little 2 points per level. Could be annoyed at this. The worst is that I paid for a game that is not amusing, on the contrary I'm getting aggressive. Please David if you are seeing this message, improve the game so that it is more fun.

CristianoR

Another thing to do is to pay a value that increases every time a reset is made. Should have a room where you can book free character review skills and other things. I think the guilds are stolen, it should be more balanced.

CristianoR

Many who play this game are addicts who already know the mechanics and tricks of the game. More I still have difficulty and the game does not give option. Once I made a mistake in the game I only see two alternatives. Pay high amounts of gold or reserve the character and start from scratch again. Well, that makes me sick, I think the game has to be nice and fun. Worse is a paid and irritating game. I hope the game gets better.I think that David should think a little about the fun of the users of the game.At a time at least one day to analyze if the game is very good or not.

subgenius

I think he's paying plenty of attention to fun and enjoyment, but of course that doesn't necessarily mean you will like it. I love that it's a challenge, been playing on hard mode only and haven't regretted it once despite many, many deaths.

One place I will agree with you though is the problems with the clerics' guild. I ended up restating my level 10 cleric after realizing I was not happy with missing the fighter guild skills. I played the next one to 16 and beat everything, so no problem there.

That said, more cleric skills are coming in the next update, so be patient. If you're really frustrated, I suggest trying a warrior for a bit. In my opinion (and I've tried all 3 to at least Lv15) they're the most powerful and forgiving class.

If you want to respec, just go to a familiar area and grind out gold for a couple hours. As a cleric you can probably tool around the crypt in the oasis a bit or outside New Garland. Either way, you will have enough to pay for a respec in no time.