Barfly

ForGreatJustice

Can someone with more experience tell me how rumor mechanics work? Because I just drained the realm dry, I bought every drink in every bar on the continent with no result. At this point I would have more luck finding dragons to slay at the local club (in RealLife™). If I keep doing this Adaon, Grissenda and Hirge will stage an intervention and invite alcoholics anonymous.

Im at 41% chance why is this so hard?

Made in Heaven

Can someone with more experience tell me how rumor mechanics work? Because I just drained the realm dry, I bought every drink in every bar on the continent with no result. At this point I would have more luck finding dragons to slay at the local club (in RealLife™). If I keep doing this Adaon, Grissenda and Hirge will stage an intervention and invite alcoholics anonymous.

Im at 41% chance why is this so hard?
Sometimes there really is nothing to be heard in bars. Maybe wait another day(24 game hours) even if you had high Gossip bonus.

ForGreatJustice

Ok I cracked the code and broke the matrix, like a 1337 H4Xx0R.

These are the steps:
1. Start town hall quest
2. Go to nearest tavern
3. 100% chance of getting info about a rumor boss and never about the town hall quest

VDX_360

Staff member
Huh?

What's your Gossip Rating? That plays a huge role in finding out rumours.

There are several types of rumors:
1) Town Hall Quest rumors -- only possible with an active Town Hall Quest.
2) Rumor Boss rumors -- only possible with a Rumor Boss alive in the world.
3) Background rumors: Either just fluff, or hints about a quest.

Keep in mind that there are several different layers of Rumor Boss rumors (each one narrows down the location). If you have an Active Town Hall quest, sometimes it's better to go kill the Rumor Boss first, to free up rumors slots.

Trace Da Cruz

Ok I cracked the code and broke the matrix, like a 1337 H4Xx0R.

These are the steps:
1. Start town hall quest
2. Go to nearest tavern
3. 100% chance of getting info about a rumor boss and never about the town hall quest
You had to crack the code to get such simple instructions?
I always get he rumors with a relatively low chance. Just look for the targets you don't have to hear anything.
More field work, less slacking in the taverns.

VDX_360

Staff member
I don't think so, but having a lot of active rumours lowers your chance of getting the exact rumor you need. The more sides of a dice, the less likely to roll any specific number type of thing (e.g., to roll a 1 on a four-sided dice is 25% (1/4), on a ten-sided dice it's 10% (1/10), and on a 20-sided dice it's 5% (1/20).

Molokot

If you are doing lot of town hall quests it can be an issue, but taverns resets themselves after you sleep for some time, so i never "dried them all"
still it can require some teleport scrolls , and better dont take too many town hall quests at same time , like no more than 3 from 1 city at a time.