Azagul Tomb and Sunken Citadel puzzles

Zalvarez0627

Loreseeker
Kind of a random question, but does anyone know how to figure out the combination of levers for Azagul Tomb and Sunken Citadel? I know the solution from the wiki but I can't figure out how someone could solve it without the wiki. Thanks!

Owns

Loreseeker
For the Sunken Citadel,
if you explore it entirely, you’ll find three rooms with golden numbers written on the floor. Those numbers tell you which levers you need to pull. The 9 hidden levers in the main room are numbered 1 through 9 left to right (West to East) starting from the NW corner. So the middle ‘row’ North to South goes 4, 5, 6, and the SE lever is 9. It’s also explained in the Notes section actually at the bottom of the wiki page.
For Azagul Tomb, I’m not sure. I got from trial and error haha. Not too many possible combinations so it wasn’t too bad doing it that way.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
For Azagul Tomb...
...it's the same trick as for Sunken Citadel, just have a closer look the pillars in the area. Best seen by using the in-game map.

Owns

Loreseeker
MikeB":2lslq6sc said:
For Azagul Tomb...
...it's the same trick as for Sunken Citadel, just have a closer look the pillars in the area. Best seen by using the in-game map.
Ah you’re right!
They’re literally on top of the towers.
No offense to David, I love his work and this game and have a lot of respect for what he’s done here, but that seems like a bit of a cheap trick :lol: . Especially when compared to the other well-designed puzzles in the game. And realistically, the characters themselves I don’t think would’ve ever been able to spot those.

VDX_360

Staff member
I originally missed the hint for Azagul Tomb.... it's in plain sight but overlooked :)

Puzzles in Sunken Citadel, Arc and Wyverntail Complex are a bit more complicated but have in-game hints that are either found as items (in chests, on dead bodies) or visual clues in the dungeon.

Less of a puzzle and more of a hunt for a key, the trick to getting into Askatir Mine without finding the key in the dungeon is often side-stepped because people just find the key that's in the dungeon. I don't think I've done a play through where I bothered with the other option.

Owns

Loreseeker
MikeB":25pwl8an said:
For Azagul Tomb...
Maybe this explanation should be added to the Wiki page Notes section?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Owns":18x4n3ax said:
No offense to David, I love his work and this game and have a lot of respect for what he’s done here, but that seems like a bit of a cheap trick :lol: . Especially when compared to the other well-designed puzzles in the game. And realistically, the characters themselves I don’t think would’ve ever been able to spot those.

I am a cheap bastard sometimes... what can I say! :mrgreen:

VDX_360

Staff member
Owns":28unpph7 said:
No offense to David... but that seems like a bit of a cheap trick
Cheap? You wanna see cheap? Ask David about the missing fourth classical element, or what's bothering NPC Elisse Urhad. But hey, so long the inside of Storm Castle isn't just a different colored version of Bluerock Castle..... :)