At last finished the Ark with the Cleric and ...

0rion79

I will be brief: it has been incredibly hard for my cleric, even if a very good 1-hand build.

I don't know what went wrong, but steel spiders were incredibly hard to kill, enduring and dealing a lot of damage, while robots are reconstructed very quickly within the Ark.

Buffing spells help, but not that much: the cleric confirms himself as a great party leader and a not-as-good solo character. Spirit wolf helps but is weaker than any golem that the Mage may cast and really dies very quickly.

On the other hand, playing the sewers of horror has been a piece of cake: with a party of 4 (me, Grissenda, spirit wolf and the knight met at level 2), properly boosted with spells, it has been relatively easy to move through the area and mop it up, properly facing elemental damage!

Imho, there is no remaining problem about the cleric. It was just to report my experience: it is normal that some areas of the game are easier for some class and harder for others, and vice-versa.

If I really have to make one last comment, I think that his special skills are too dispersive because too specific: for instance, retribution and turn-undead should be merged into a single one. It is both a matter of skill points, slots and usability.
Being so specific, it is even worst than elemental resistance: when you face the right enemy it is an enormous advantage but else it is totally useless.

Cheers!

Vil

What is your build? Level?

My experience with cleric (but cleric in warrior guild) have been that Ark was hard up until time I got nano scalpel or sword. Gulping plenty of potions that dropped in sunken citadel helped a lot against spiders, always luring one spider only.

All got easier and easier as collected other equipment (gloves, belt, armor...). Finished Ark at lvl 22 first, than reloaded save prior to the ark and grinded a bit and finished again on lvl 26 (change in experience ladder helped as well) - was able to kill all the Forsaken in the Ark. No extra reward for that, btw.

David, if you read this - there is almost no drop if you kill all the forsaken in the ark. All I got was about 100 gold (no kidding, 2x 50) and Thuramian plate from sir Valerian:). Not much from 20+ 20lvl NPCs IMO...

0rion79

My build is a pure 1 hand cleric, tuned for the occasion. No contamination with other guilds, I don't like that under a pure RPG perspective.
I told you, I have completed the game but with a greater effort than with any other class, testing different options.

Well, I have to agree with you. Killing all of them is a challenge that would deserve something better as a reward

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Vil":357t6eum said:
What is your build? Level?

My experience with cleric (but cleric in warrior guild) have been that Ark was hard up until time I got nano scalpel or sword. Gulping plenty of potions that dropped in sunken citadel helped a lot against spiders, always luring one spider only.

All got easier and easier as collected other equipment (gloves, belt, armor...). Finished Ark at lvl 22 first, than reloaded save prior to the ark and grinded a bit and finished again on lvl 26 (change in experience ladder helped as well) - was able to kill all the Forsaken in the Ark. No extra reward for that, btw.

David, if you read this - there is almost no drop if you kill all the forsaken in the ark. All I got was about 100 gold (no kidding, 2x 50) and Thuramian plate from sir Valerian:). Not much from 20+ 20lvl NPCs IMO...

Woah, someone did it? lol. Be glad the game didn't crash on you :D

I should add some drops I guess, but tbh it's not a fight designed to be won. Congratulations.

VDX_360

Staff member
DavidBVal":19d1fpm2 said:
Woah, someone did it?
Wait, we weren't supposed to do that? oops. The game crashed on me the first time I tried it but it figured it was just my device having issues.

Maybe there should be an achievement for killing the forsaken.... sort of like killing the Unweakened Undermother.