assistance with lost file

Drunk3nSmilez

hey all,

Recently i uploaded all of my saves onto the cloud to transfer onto a new phone, and shortly after the transfer i noticed a problem with one of my charecters- it was no longer there.
I still have the saves on the old phone, but ive since dtarted several new characters on this new device, i guess the essence of what im asking is- Is there any way to retransfer the files off of the old phone and onto the new one without it deleting all of my other new saves as well?

VDX_360

Staff member
The game save file, the .bak, is an all-or-nothing save file. You can't transfer individual game slots.

Also, there's no known way to delete a game slot either. You can save over one, but that's it. So it's rather odd for a game slot to disappear.

Drunk3nSmilez

i may have done that without realizing it.. well that sucks. thanks for the quick reply tho. guess i can always play that charecter on the old beater phone

VDX_360

Staff member
If it's an old character, why not start a new one? A lot has changed in the game the last few updates, plus, you can relive all those fun memories of chasing goblins and pulling snake teeth.....

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
guess i can always play that charecter on the old beater phone
If you still have that character, you can always export manually from that old device .bak file.

After that, you just need to copy it to your latest device (also manually) EK.bak file and import it. You need to know, saved files on new device will be overwritten.

But, if you still have cloud access with old device, you also could do this transfer via cloud. Just make export to cloud on old device and, immediately after that, import from the cloud on new device. Overwriting still will happen.