Armour, weapons and build for cleric

Molokot

Sory for misguiding you about flurry on cleric, I like most warriors and mages , and forgot he cant learn it. I corrected that post.

Vitas

Best performing cleric, after trying different builds and getting to the Ark with a Iron Man cleric (died there unfortunately 😑) is like this:

Warrior guild, 1h with a well balanced build: str/end/agi/int/awa/per 4/2/2/3+1 Tiara/2/4.
In the end game End 4 for Body Development, Str and Agi rise together, for example 6/6, then 7/7 and so on. Can use both light weapons (mostly daggers), and 1h weapons.

Need a tanky 1h Grissenda with max Resilience and no Whirlwind! (this skill sucks btw). Cleave is like 100 times better than Whirlwind (mainly because aggro control)

Need to farm the Ancient Fang dagger ASAP! With a maxed Sacred Fire, kill some Primeval Bears (they are difficult enemies btw). This is without question the best weapon for 1h cleric, untill late game.

Duel/Heavyhand/Massive Crit/Precision Strikes, these 4 are all good, Duel takes priority though.

Gate is handy, I always rush it as a mage/cleric.

Heal and Intervention are mandatory, of course.

Most fights are like this: Gris in front tanking, you in the back, flanking and duelling their butt😆.

Btw spirit wolf is ok-ish but dies too often in late game. It is only good if you take the main tank role and rush into fight, aggroing all mobs. However, on harder difficulty playing safely is a more correct aproach. Also wolf dies almost instantly to radiation in the Ark. It's more a nuisance than help, imho.

Molokot

If you arent playing on Iron man then intervention is not important and its much easier to make 2h grisenda, and if you kill Minotaur king then you can have his axe on her , and thats top grade weapon , much faster than you would get something from end game places. Not saying that you are wrong , but for a new player, he can first go for something that works right now ,to explore game and have fun.

Slayyerlol

Im actually using Hirge, and she is rlly great fr me(mostly cuz i rush in and do damage, but take a lot of hits.) First time playing an rpg and im not great at it. I have heard rlly cool things about ancient fang, but i dont know if despair is better( Vicious II is really good)... And also with Hirge, i dont need to spend a lot of money fr her armour as i can give her my old ones lol

Molokot

Just explore the game and have fun :) Cleric is great as a first character to play , because he can find secret doors with his skill, and also healing from mana potions is cheaper than from hp potions and as soon as you will get wolf , kiling most of things is quite easy.

Slayyerlol

Ok. So far this has been a really fun game, and with a great community. They should release a sequel to this

Vitas

If you arent playing on Iron man then intervention is not important and its much easier to make 2h grisenda, and if you kill Minotaur king then you can have his axe on her , and thats top grade weapon , much faster than you would get something from end game places. Not saying that you are wrong , but for a new player, he can first go for something that works right now ,to explore game and have fun.
2h gris is a weak tank, are you suggesting the cleric should be the tank? If cleric goes tank, then the best build is joining cleric guild and using Battle Prayer.
Honestly, my first walkthrough in this game was with a Rogue on normal difficulty, after dying in Lannegar mine dunno how many times, I learned you either play the game on easy mode, or play it very very safe and steady. I never used a 2h merc, because it dies too fast which means you need to buy a shitload of potions to maintain such playstile, especially in dungeons. You need gold for 4 Vaults (stash), to buy a home (or 2 homes), for holy visions in Nivarian, how can you get that gold if you waste it on potions?
Btw. I never killed King Mdmoo, he drops nothing mandatory, and you can theoretically get unlimited XP from Priestess if you have enough emeralds. I just kept that quest unfinished and used the Crown of Galade for my summoner Mage (I completed the Ark with him on hard diff.) Same with Sacred Weapons, I kept both weapons and left quest unfinished.

Btw nothing wrong with playing the game on easy mode, it's just a different playstyle 🙂
Post automatically merged:    

Im actually using Hirge, and she is rlly great fr me(mostly cuz i rush in and do damage, but take a lot of hits.) First time playing an rpg and im not great at it. I have heard rlly cool things about ancient fang, but i dont know if despair is better( Vicious II is really good)... And also with Hirge, i dont need to spend a lot of money fr her armour as i can give her my old ones lol
Vicious is an average modifier imho, you do extra damage when enemy is below 30% hp, but you need to reduce his 70% first, without any bonus. Ancient fang provides high raw damage (4-10) with very high attack speed. It goes well with Duel and other attack skills. Also investing only 1 point in Arbenos Might will give you a noticeable DPS boost (don't use it on fire elementals though 😄)
However Despair has a nice poison boost. I usually keep 3-4 weapons in my stash, and choose the weapon according to enemy. Btw Exiled Kingdoms wiki is like holy Bible, I always check it before doing a quest. Dying in dungeons is very frustrating 😑

Last edited:

Molokot

If you check wiki before playing, it takes away excitement, for first gameplay i would only go for it as a last resort,when cant guess how to solve some puzzle. 2h Grisenda is very simple animal, just needs 4,4,3,1,1,0 2 fury ,maxed crit chance and crit damage + optionaly cleave and hp buff.
Its actualy good thing that she is dying because it triggers fury very easily, you dont use her as a tank , but rather as another wolf. End game your idea is better, but for leveling such setup is quite ok.

Slayyerlol

Wait so can one complete Ark of Losathan with Hirge? Hirge is the one companion that has proven best for me time and time again, so if it is hard to go through the ark with her, then i need to reset and upgrade Grissenda