Armour, weapons and build for cleric

Slayyerlol

Hey guys. Im new to this game, started playing a week r 2 ago. I have a level 13 cleric with Blessed chain armour except the shirt, which is traitors chain. My main weapon is the Thunder light hammer. I want to get better weapons and armour but cannot find any in dungeons i am capable of looting. Also i need advice on how to build my character. Is this OK?:
Strength: 3+1
Endurance:3+1
Agility:4
Intelligence:2
Awareness:2
Personality:3+1
Pls Help

Molokot

You need 25 reputation with cleric guild to get some quests granting best cleric hammers. First there is cleric quest in Nivarian and to do it you need to go to the place where 3 guys will stop you and ask what you want, you need to tell them that you will leave, and then loot body behind them and teleport from there, so its super easy quest, and you will get nice hammer with fire damage better than thunder.
Another is quest in Port Arthur, that one can be a bit tricky , because you need to fight paralyzing monsters, and it grants cleric hammer with poison damage. And when you will have that fire hammer from NIvarian and your companion will have ok fire weapon , you can go and clear trolls dungeon and after killing troll boss you will get quite awesome 2h maul.

About character building : depends if you joined cleric guild or warriors guild, then you may want specific stats to buff up faster than others to unlock asvanced skills. But regardless of which one you choose, you need 4 endurance for hp boost skill.(can learn in NIvarian warriors guild)
Ah and you need 3 inteligence asap to learn how to summon spirit wolf.

Slayyerlol

Thank you. I joined the warriors guild, but i heard AGI builds were best for clerics. So my armour is good for my level?
For the warriors guild, what build is best? Also i donot know of the cleric quest in Nivarian, pls help

Last edited:

Deleted member 28869

If you go warriors guild, STR builds have an advantage since a lot of good mid-game weapons are hand weapons, plus it's easier to get heavyhand that way. But you can still use AGI weapons with little penalty, since cleric skills are for all weapon types.

If you are looking for the quest, go to the south-east corner of nivarian, the priest that gives you the quest is right outside the warriors guild, and you can get the pendant by going to iross highlands, to the woodsmen and tell them you'll leave, go to the corpse with your companion and use the speed potion to run away.

Slayyerlol

Yes, thank you. I actually killed all three werewolves. I got the fire hammer. Im omw to New Antur to get the poison hammer. Soon ill be able to get the bejewelled platemail vest! Im planning on getting the Holy Helm, and blessed platemail leggings. Got varaols boots and i think itll last me a long time.

Last edited:

Molokot

You dont have to worry too much about "builds" Game forces you to have certain stats to unlock advanced skills and thats it.
Eventualy you will need :4,4,3,4,3,4 as a cleric in warrior guild. That will allow you to learn all skils and pass all skill checks for quests.
After that just add whatever you think you need most . Top priority is 3 inteligence and 4 endurance. 3 perception is needed at the end game lair and you can live without it.

When you will later play diffrent character it looks very similiar , because at begining you just get evrything to 2 and then inteligence and personality to 3 to have dialogue options in quests unlocked.

Last edited:

Arcanmaster

Flurry isn't available for clerics.
4, 4, x(put everything here after you get another traits), 3, 3, 3 will be better for agility cleric I think.

VDX_360

Staff member
There's a lot of wiggle room for how you build your Cleric. By mid-game, mana won't be much of a problem but the extra STR will be useful.

A lot of it's personal preference.