armor

mizzador

Please explain why armor is such tiny differences in protection even where plate is the same defence as chain mail or leather?
I see Normal chain mail armor at vendor has 3 armor and 6hp. for example while the next tier up at a much higher price is plate armor with the same armor value 3 armor?
Correct me if I'm wrong but generally plate armor should offer far greater armor value than chain mail?
I have leather armor that has the same armor value as plate. and why is the hp+ so minimal? I mean seriously thousands of gold extra for a total upgrade of +2 hp seems odd. what's point of 2hp more? it's so minor that it's not even worth paying for.
I don't get the logic behind this.
If the price and quality of an item is far greater than the other then so should be the stats?
I also find most of the weapons with different elemental effects are extremely minimal in damage mitigation.
I use jester Bow which out dps's all other elemental ones Even vs the opposite elemental mobbs due to its greater speed. I think there should be a significant damage increase when using a fire bow vs ice mobbs or vice versa and holy dagger vs undead. currently I noticed very minimal difference fighting undead with holy weapon or a fire weapon or neutral.
It would be also nice to see the elemental glow on the weapon when equipped.

enthusiast

I agree, some additional bonus in armor and health will make bigger difference for warriors, first of all, because both rogues and clerics can be as armored and healthy as warrior, which is wrong, i think.

Ziggprith

Translator
I agree to with that point. But we should remember... that this game is just on development. Suggestion like yours would be great enhancement for game logics. Why don't you give your opinion in Feedback forum?

Azog

I have leather armor that has the same armor value as plate. and why is the hp+ so minimal? I mean seriously thousands of gold extra for a total upgrade of +2 hp seems odd. what's point of 2hp more? it's so minor that it's not even worth paying for.
The logic is that not every item is good for a gold investment, as well as not every item is good useable and all you have to do is spending more gold for the next far better tier. There must be some items wich arent really worth to buy, or same items wich you also can find in loot.

Board Troll

I somewhat agree with this, but the game is in development still, some changes are coming for defensive measurements still.

As it is now, the problem as I see it isn't armor values, it's minimum damage done regardless of armor, but it's being adjusted and additional mechanics will provide a bigger picture.

Patience my friends

Sharkyinthe UK

Remember not all classes can use all types of armour !

So you may have 2 different types of armour with similar in game statistics, but one rogues can't use, another cleric's can't use , warriors generally can use any armour, so some for them won't be worth the financial investment !