Ark upper level after Ark quest?

Is it possible to enter the upper levels of ark after I complete the quest? I still haven't got Laminated or Kevlar vest and Plexifiber robes. I know I can get them from reactor level, but I'm a summoner mage, the radiation is a pain for me.

Last edited:

SoulHunter

Is it possible to enter the upper levels of ark after I complete the quest? I still haven't got Laminated or Kevlar vest and Plexifiber robes. I know I can get them from reactor level, but I'm a summoner mage, the radiation is a pain for me.

Unfortunately not, but you can try to get on the reactor, I am also a summoning mage and I managed to get all the equipment for a mage, currently I am in difficult mode.

Unfortunately not, but you can try to get on the reactor, I am also a summoning mage and I managed to get all the equipment for a mage, currently I am in difficult mode.
How'd you do it? In reactor, those rad orbs destroy your summons and then the robots get you really fast. Could tell me how exactly you did it? I'd appreciate it.
Edit: Also, do you know which of the crates specifically has laminated, plexifiber etc.?

SoulHunter

How'd you do it? In reactor, those rad orbs destroy your summons and then the robots get you really fast. Could tell me how exactly you did it? I'd appreciate it.
Edit: Also, do you know which of the crates specifically has laminated, plexifiber etc.?

In the reactor area you will need only lightning magic, the wizard's barrier and the tesla staff, unfortunately it does not have a specific location, you will have to go looking for it several times until you find it!

RudyMaslyc

Another thing as well as what SoulHunter put, is to note that the rad hits will pop your mage armor, so you will really want to bring plenty of mana potions. Max lightning resist and stun immunity will let you walk through with only the spiders in your way. I also brought 400 moderate healing potions just as a chaser for the rads.
I farmed up two rings of the star traveller in the reactor.

p4ran0id

Staff member

It's not that hard...

Do you have the goggle helmet? That's more than enough for radiation.

Also it's all about the RNG God (random number generator, main system of the game)

To get that items it's all about luck, my record was 4 gloves in a row (every chest I opened had that gloves), but it was pure luck.

Ps: depending on your difficulty, there is a way for random loot, it's not a cheat, just simple game mechanics. Save before entering the area, rush to the chests, if something useful is in than use area reload, if not use save before entering the area. That way it's easy to get what you want without cheating, but it can be really boring... 😉

That trick is more useful for random encounter (it's published in wiki, so it won't violate any forum rules to tell that), but also works for ark

RudyMaslyc

It's not that hard...

Do you have the goggle helmet? That's more than enough for radiation.

Also it's all about the RNG God (random number generator, main system of the game)

To get that items it's all about luck, my record was 4 gloves in a row (every chest I opened had that gloves), but it was pure luck.

Ps: depending on your difficulty, there is a way for random loot, it's not a cheat, just simple game mechanics. Save before entering the area, rush to the chests, if something useful is in than use area reload, if not use save before entering the area. That way it's easy to get what you want without cheating, but it can be really boring... 😉

That trick is more useful for random encounter (it's published in wiki, so it won't violate any forum rules to tell that), but also works for ark
Note:
Unless youre on casual you cant save before entering the zone for quick crate runs.
And even if on casual, i still cant see a mage getting in and out of the big yellow reactor room without dying or having killed everything along the way. Even with r3 mage armor (thats 43 armor class) it still only takes 4-5 hits from those spider bots to completely end your run. The goggled helmet is absolutely mandatory, and i still pored out potions after potions.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Note:
Unless youre on casual you cant save before entering the zone for quick crate runs.
And even if on casual, i still cant see a mage getting in and out of the big yellow reactor room without dying or having killed everything along the way. Even with r3 mage armor (thats 43 armor class) it still only takes 4-5 hits from those spider bots to completely end your run. The goggled helmet is absolutely mandatory, and i still pored out potions after potions.

That's easy. Use big energy cell to rest (similar 12h rest in inn, without changing the ingame time) in ark including a separate save. Only on Ironman it won't work. But for rest it's really easy