Ark Preparations

kr_harvino

So I've cleared the sunken citadel a few times now and have got the armor and staff necessary, also got some potions.
Are these equipments and potions enough for a first time ark run?

I've got the magma staff equipped to deal with the minotaurs. I've heard i'll need electric damage in the ark so i'll switch to the polarized staff once I'm in the ark.

Also should i get mage barrier? I've got a few skill points left...

VDX_360

Staff member
Best Advice: Go find out! If you find it's too hard, just warp out. The only way to learn the Ark is to go the Ark.

It's less about equipment, than player ability.

At Level 23, with your equipment at hand, you could walk right through the Ark on a single run. Especially true if you get a few lucky drops of Ark equipment. That only varies a little bit depending on your Advanced Skills (Mage Barrier, Summons and Lighting are useful).

Some players over consume potions in the Ark. That can deplete your potion supply quickly. Learn how to take on the Ark monsters one at a time. Use the in-Ark resting place liberally.

NOTE: Both the Little Shock Imp from Lessor Summoning, and the Iron Golem from Earth Mastery III, are immune to shock damage. So if you end up fighting a giant shock flinging beast, even the Level 1 Shock Imp will be untouchable.

NOTE: Little Batteries in your bag will be used up by Ark weapons (if you have one). Placing little batteries in your Bag of Holding will keep them up from being used until you want to use them.

NOTE: Going into the Ark with 50,000 gold can be helpful to get a nifty item. You don't need to grab it on your first time through, you can always come back for it later (even at completing the main quest).

kr_harvino

So can we farm in the arc even after the main quest? I thought it would take off or something lol 😂😂
The sparkling was a great help against the steel wizards thanks for the tip 👍👍

I managed to get the tesla rod in the reactor and after that i could pretty much 3 shot the steel spiders 😂😂

VDX_360

Staff member
If the world is left intact, you can raid the Ark after the completing the main quest. If you kill the world, than the Ark is the least of your worries.

Game Mechanic Wise: The first floor and reactor level remain. The reactor level has the best drop chances for Ark loot, but is the toughest place of the Ark.

One advantage of knocking out the main quest is that you can find ark items in the last area. So killing two robots with one hammer, so to speak.

Watching the Little Blue Sparkplug take on a beast 100 times his size is adorable.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
The secret to survival in the Ark is to survive the Ark long enough to get the survival equipment from the Ark.

:)

Once we get Ark weapons and armor, enough medical nanites and batteries, the Ark becomes a different beast entirely. I'm sure you've noticed a subtle change in difficulty since you found your Tesla Rod ;)

PS: YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET MAGE BARRIER!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's my favorite spell.
It should be mandatory for everyone.
It should be the only spell every mage has.
It is the epitome of happiness and love and glory and the source of all that is good in the world.
Also, it electrocutes robots.

With enough HP and a good Mage Barrier, you can literally ram through Steal Spiders carelessly and let them explode behind you without even firing a single shot loll.

I love that spell. :D

KiltedNinja27

Loreseeker
Found the little lesser summoning trick out myself on my first mage playthrough and it is the single reason I was underleveled for the parasite fight (I forgot the data pad for the magister's pendant and was too lazy to get it).