Are ruined dragoon boots removed from the game?

Sleeper

During my last run with mage i was prepairing for trip to icemist sewers. So i made a decision to go after these boots. After ~30 runs into fallen dragoons area of mausoleum without any luck i decided to look drop chance on wiki. 22.4% of my ass. This game has a, well, not shitty, but questioning rng drop system. I mean, grinding mausoleum the whole day pointlessly or getting "summon useless wolf" from 3'rd lich in a row, or getting Skeletal warlords as a rumor boss, or getting 40th 300 gold worth of scalpel from reactor is something you want to see less. Unless i am mistaken and these boots were actually removed from the game

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
They are only in the 2 chests in the Dragoons area, but they should be there sooner or later.

When you say you're "grinding" you're not saving before the dungeon and repeating and repeating but not really resetting the dungeon are you? Try sleeping at an Inn between assault attempts on the Mausoleum.

ajay

On my current playthrough I tried to farm those boots while I was 18ish. I ran quite few times and gave up. Now that I went through SoH and killed the Lord of the Pit, I went back to grab a pair of boots for Hirge. Opened both of the chests and got a pair from each on the first run, RNG. Do make sure you sleep between farming runs so everything except one time mobs/drops respawn. GL!

I had the same thing happen to me when trying to get the kevlar vest. It took me 30+ Ark trips to get the first one. The conductive vest pops up way too much in Ark. And it is lootable from more chests than any of the other classes' top tier chest!

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
To prevent exploits, chests don't change their contents if you save-than-load a game. Staying at an inn re-sets the map and re-rolls for chests.

Those boots can be tricky to get, but have been obtained by thousands and thousands of players.

It's quite possibly you just got unlucky---insanely unlucky. If you ran the dungeon 30 times, and there's 2 chests with a 22% chance of dropping it, you have a one-in-a-million chance of NOT getting them to drop. That's just nuts if that happened to you.

Most people will get a pair or two in a few efforts.

There's a previous discussion on how likely you are NOT to get a rare drop item. See here.

Sleeper

Relax guys, i know that only sleeping resets chests contents. Ofc i slept before each run into mausoleum. After ~50 runs i got 2 pairs of 'em. Either wiki is wrong about drop rates or i am just unlucky

DaleTilgo2022

I'm doing my first play through of the game and I suspected that the fallen dragoons might drop some high level fire based weapon or armor. First two times through the dragoons didn't drop anything and the two chests only had gold. Third time through a dragoon dropped a dagger and one chest had the boots. Maybe I'm stupidly lucky.

VDX_360

Staff member
So you found 1 pair of Ruined Dragoon Boots after six attempts (3x runs, 2 chests per run)?

That works out about average.

People only come to the forum to complain when they've been very, very unlucky. So the comments in this thread don't reflect the average experience in the game.

Of course, Good Luck and Bad Luck equally happen. So maybe you'll never see a random trait book drop from a dragon, or the Golem's Fist. Random is random.

DaleTilgo2022

My critique in that area would concern dead weed and phosphorescent mushrooms. Those growths are exceedingly rare in the Steam version while being fairly common in the Android trial version.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
It's the same code though. Sometimes in the Android version Luminescent Fungus could be very rare, at least for me.