Archaelund (now updated with screenshots and video!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
@DavidBVal Any updates on the early release? And I don't see a Cleric character option. Is there a cleric or palidin option? What defines a knight? Thanks for all the hard work.

There are several Basic Careers that have access to divine powers, like Initiate and Pilgrim. I can't let out details about Advanced careers yet.

Right now portions of the early game are playable, but it is not ready for testers yet.

To give an estimate of where development stands: The game is organized in square "map areas" similarly to EK, but each of these areas is much bigger and has much more content than an EK area (maybe 4 or 5 times bigger), often including a town, maybe minor settlements, and several dungeons. The first of these areas is already playable and includes about a dozen quests, although it still needs to be refined. Another 3 regions are fully graphically designed (you can "walk around") but are much less developed in terms of content and quality control. I think completing those areas would be more than enough for the Early Access, in terms of content. I estimate each of these areas takes around 10h to fully explore and play, although the game won't be linear, so it's hard to make such estimates since areas are meant to be revisited.

But some game subsystems are still not in place, and that's why I am not opening the game to testers yet. Magic is designed, but only now started implementing it. AI needs more work, and NPC animation is still very rough. Once those things are ready, testing becomes possible.

I should probably write this up as a Steam news update...

VDX_360

Staff member
.... I should probably write this up as a Steam news update...
That would make sense from a promotion and information point of view.

Also, did a statue of the Invisible Swamp Donkey make it into the map? Just a little hard to find statue of a donkey in a swamp....

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
That would make sense from a promotion and information point of view.

Also, did a statue of the Invisible Swamp Donkey make it into the map? Just a little hard to find statue of a donkey in a swamp....

There's already a statue of the Invisible Swamp Donkey in EK so he could use that.

Unfortunately the statue is also invisible.

Sildra

Re: Información sobre mi próximo juego (¡preliminar!)

De hecho, los personajes se podrán personalizar visualmente y el equipo será mucho más variado que en EK, y esa será una de las ventajas de pasar a 3D. Lo mismo ocurre con las animaciones, partículas, etc. Exiled Kingdoms no es tan variado en ese sentido porque es un juego en 2D, lo que lo hace muy difícil y consume muchos recursos porque todos los sprites deben renderizarse previamente y mantenerse en una textura, luego cada la textura se utiliza para componer la imagen de un personaje, como en los muñecos de papel de los niños.

Eche un vistazo incluso a los mejores juegos isométricos en 2D de todos los tiempos, como Baldur's Gate o Arcanum; los sprites de sus personajes son un poco más variados que los de EK. Unos años más tarde con los primeros títulos en 3D a mediados de los 2000, la variedad de visuales se multiplica porque en un juego en 3D añadir nuevos modelos y animaciones es mucho más sencillo.

¡Sin embargo, extrañaré el encanto de 2D!
¿Cómo puedo ingresar a la versión de prueba de Archaelund. En caso de que tengas uno, soy un gran fan de EK, lo he jugado unas 40 veces y estoy muy emocionado de poder jugar Archaelund, si hay una manera de probar algo así, solo mira la interfaz. , te agradecería que me dijeras cómo.

Cryf

There are several Basic Careers that have access to divine powers, like Initiate and Pilgrim. I can't let out details about Advanced careers yet.

I wonder who will have the divine powers, the worshippers of "the three" or the worshippers of "the 11 gods"? Or both? I did not find out in EK what happened to the 11 gods when "Horrors" came to Andoria.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I wonder who will have the divine powers, the worshippers of "the three" or the worshippers of "the 11 gods"? Or both? I did not find out in EK what happened to the 11 gods when "Horrors" came to Andoria.

They're all "Pantheon Priests" now, since the religion is unified.

Tol's clergy still retains some autonomy but is officially part of the Pantheon religion.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
"Pantheon Priests"

Great.

Prayers are now group chats.

If you wish, you may choose to pray to me directly, I'm sure the other gods won't mind.

O ye faithful servant, I hereby grant you my Summon Baby Horror spell! It doesn't actually control the horror, just summons it. But it can be very handy if you also happen to own a potion of speed!

Re: About my next game (preliminary info!)

It would be awesome if you could do something like xenoblate chronicles, it combined Realtime and turn-based battles really awesome. The battle itself is Realtime but you can use special moves etc during that (turn-based) that's a really nice combo IMHO
I

Status
Not open for further replies.