Archaelund (now updated with screenshots and video!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laura composed that Intro Theme for EK back in 2015 when she was 14

Not many - at all - would think of, much less be so successful at, oboe/basson and flute/clarinet duet, nor use bells/xylophone so successfully as a tool of crecendo.

~shrug~ Another one for the "kansas and the three words/when, 'merica, when" file. I honestly spent most of the credits-reading looking at the image sources and thought the theme was copyright-free from one of the professional orchestras with open historical composition.

I very much do add my voice to those suggesting you use it as an entire-series theme.

-
edit : also...

Lesser art, also called Sorcery...

...literally, "of the source," basically utopian/ecstatic Deism. "It's all perfect, we just have to get it back to its idealized root state." Shares a lot with psychology in the differentiation between primary and substitution needs - a toddler who decks another child for stealing their toy does not actually want to hit someone as a thing in itself, it is a substitution or imperfect, indirect means gesturing towards an initial, source impulse.

Because of the word roots, "sorcerous wizard" is one of the few claims one can make to someone of a materialist-aetheist sceptic to esoteric arts and be taken seriously - eventually, anyways. (same root as "drunkard," but with wisdom - and no guarantee of any more success than Thuram's track record).

Just out of curiosity, planning on taking the word roots into account? I know it's probably not a common question, but with eight billion people on the planet, there's probably a few sorcerous wizardfolk who actually identify as such on the basis of word roots. So, y'know...

...anyways, great game.

Last edited:

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Day by day, work continues and the world of Archaelund grows. This is often a proccess that begins with concept art:

unknown.png

Then it is 3D modeled:

emerrand_wireframe.png

Finally added to the game:

unknown.png

Ehtir

What are these strange creatures in the lower-left corner? One is purple, the other yellow. You're making a game based on the EK universe, there weren't any elves there, were there? Or have you decided to add people with Golden skin, from the Islands? Then who is the first woman?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
What are these strange creatures in the lower-left corner? One is purple, the other yellow. You're making a game based on the EK universe, there weren't any elves there, were there? Or have you decided to add people with Golden skin, from the Islands? Then who is the first woman?

Goblin and Varannari party members. Here are the full-body versions:

v_m_001_large.png g_f_001_large.png g_m_001_large.png

Planned playable races are Human, Varannari, Minotaur, Batrax, Goblin, Quartzan, Rexadon. The last two didn't appear in EK.

VDX_360

Staff member
EK got the strange hood.
Archaelund gets the "funny mask".
Note in the screen shot all the heroes are wearing masks.

Attachments

• EK_Archaelund_mask.jpg
    EK_Archaelund_mask.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 23

VDX_360

Staff member
Shady Traveler: "Hey, I have some wares to show you..."
Hero: --Immediately stabs shady traveler--
Companion: "How'd you know he was an Assassin?"
Hero: "He wasn't wearing a mask..."

Status
Not open for further replies.