Archaelund (now updated with screenshots and video!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

0rion79

Hi David, hi all!
I came here to see if there was any news about EK updates and I am REALLY happy to see how the new game creation is progressing!
Now I'm very busy with work, but want to cheer you all up :)

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
0rion79":tg3soaf9 said:
Hi David, hi all!
I came here to see if there was any news about EK updates and I am REALLY happy to see how the new game creation is progressing!
Now I'm very busy with work, but want to cheer you all up :)

Welcome back!

Bans1x

DavidBVal":1ht9atmn said:
A sneak peek at one of the new playable races in Archaelund

RuJRTQO.png

Amazing concept! Although wouldn't the ancestors go mad or insane from the isolation just like the red and blue wizards in the icemist underlevels? Just a thought :p

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Bans1x":9dev8qlc said:
Amazing concept! Although wouldn't the ancestors go mad or insane from the isolation just like the red and blue wizards in the icemist underlevels? Just a thought :p

Everybody is a little crazy in the Exiled Kingdoms... :D

When in isolation, some people just grow stronger and more focused. This is the case with the Quartzan race.

Natalia Beaumont

I know this is not the place to ask (I'll delete this reply) but I've been searching everywhere for the title of a certain music. I've tried Shazam, looked at almost all of Kevin McLeod's tracks and checked the credits but I can't seem to find it. Anyways, I'm looking for the one that plays at the very beginning of the game right after character creation, and before the tutorial.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Natalia Beaumont":1mby3i47 said:
I know this is not the place to ask (I'll delete this reply) but I've been searching everywhere for the title of a certain music. I've tried Shazam, looked at almost all of Kevin McLeod's tracks and checked the credits but I can't seem to find it. Anyways, I'm looking for the one that plays at the very beginning of the game right after character creation, and before the tutorial.

Just open a new topic instead of OT here...

But to answer your question, take a look here

http://exiledkingdoms.com/ek_credits.html

It shows all used material for the game ;)

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Natalia Beaumont":3oxhzt6c said:

If you mean the one playing during the "intro" explaining the backstory, then it is an untitled theme written and played by my son & daughter. They were 16 and 14 at the time.

Myrindor

Loreseeker
So are there more classes in Archaelund that of EK's?
I mean it's expected but can you reveal how many exactly are there?
Also will there be Sorcerers in the game?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
There are no classes, there are Careers. The difference is, you stay in a Career for certain levels, but eventually you'll probably switch to a different career.

Example of progression: burglar up to level 5, then maybe you switch to Hitman for 4 levels, and then you manage to unlock the Assassin advanced Career and stay there for level 10+.

Or maybe you start as an Apprentice, later on a mage, but decide to not pursue magic anymore with that character and switch to mercenary, ending up as an interesting hybrid character.

You may pick your initial career, but getting it randomly will grant slightly better initial stats. So you may end up a beggar... But who knows, one day the beggar can be a mighty knight, and the beggar's ability to resist disease can save his life.

In total there are around 60 Careers in Archaelund, half of them basic and the other half advanced, which means they have requisites.

Status
Not open for further replies.