Archaelund (now updated with screenshots and video!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emreyimben

how about sending language files and translating the game early on the one hand?? Not like the exiled kingdom!!!
Check out this short video/montage of our composer (Laura) working on the Soundtrack:

The Archaelund OST is already amazing, with tracks for each separate area and great combat tracks. The Early Access OST will be around 45 minutes long, and the complete one probably twice that.

how about sending language files and translating the game early on the one hand?? Not like the exiled kingdom!!!

p4ran0id

Staff member
Lol, that's very stupid idea. Before game get finished (at least beta) there will be lot of changes, also the developer has to concentrate on the project and has no time for that.

It would only delay the publishing and much more work for the developer.

Never do it for such a project.

Also it's not easy to translate without knowing the game.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Of course the new game will need to be translated! Not everyone speaks English on the planet. And many people simply prefer to read in their own language, even if they understand English. Language diversity is beautiful and precious :)

Personally though, I always prefer the original version when it's in English, because my language is French, and translations from English to French mostly suck loll. But while most of my friends would be able to play the game in English, they wouldn't understand everything and would miss out on the jokes and the depth of the story.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Yeah and about own language, there are lot of small things to take care of during translation. 1 English word/sentence can have several meanings in your mother language. For a good translation you have to know the game first. The items could have different words depending on the context.

Best example is disambiguation formalism:

"i see a girl with a binocular"

Try to translate it without any context. It has different meanings

1. You use a binocular to see a girl
2. You see a girl holding a binocular
3. You see a girl using a binocular

Translation is much harder than just translate word by word.

Last edited:

Prs722

Looking forward to the new game, but I hope once it's complete you go back to updating Exiled Kingdoms. Would love to explore areas that haven't been created yet, along with a mage party member. I get this game is your main focus at the current time, but I don't want Exiled Kingdoms to be left unfinished. I want to see Freeport, Liberty, the Orc Kingdom with Urk-Daonassar, and the Isle of Serpents.

Status
Not open for further replies.