Archaelund development update

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Bringing the world to life...

Since most of the game "systems" are already in place and working, my current development focus is content. Quests, characters, items, encounters, little secrets found here and there... in sum, what you call a game.

47a65d7e97d34617b332d2d005682af195a0a318.png

This is, no doubt, my favorite part of developing a role-playing game. It is the reason why I am making Archaelund: to tell stories. It is also the hardest part, especially in an open-world game in which things can be done in any order (or not at all!), and when quests are designed to have multiple outcomes, with consequences for the party's choices. I've been writing down many of these quests for years, and now it's the time to implement them into the game!

f465c73c531470f072ca19b059a0dca1c0562403.png

Development status, and Early Access goals

I'll give a breakdown of what we have, and what is enough to release the Early Access.

The world of Archaelund is divided in outdoor square "sectors", each of them large enough to include multiple locations such as villages, towns, ruins, bandit camps, or entrances to dungeons. Some will be more civilized and include human settlements, others will be wildlands, and typically there will be a number of dungeons accessible from them.

The first of such "sectors" is about 90% ready for the Early Access. It includes a town and many other special locations, lots of NPCs to talk to, a dozen quests and quite a few surprises. Currently it takes ten to twelve hours to create your party and go through that content, although it's hard to estimate the playing time given the open nature of the game.

There are currently another 3 accessible sectors which you can walk around, but the content in them is still only outlined.

We intend to release the EA with three sectors, and at least a dozen dungeons, although these goals may be revised. All these early sectors include towns or villages, which makes them pretty dense in terms of content. After Early Access release we plan to keep adding sectors to the game map, with a goal of 21 sectors when we reach version 1.0.

VDX_360

Staff member
Just a little out-of-the-way state of a non-descript donkey. Maybe a little in-game description ". . . This long neglected statue is all but invisible. . . "

Meener2er

Hallo, eine Kure Frage wann wird den verbannten Königreichen erweitert, hab das Spiel komplett durch mit allen Missionen und frage mich ob ihr das Spiel noch erweitern tut mit neuen besonderen Missionen und co würde mich freuen

Ps: ein mega spiel

VDX_360

Staff member
@Meener2er ,
Der Entwickler arbeitet an seinem neuen Spiel. Es kann Jahre dauern, wenn Exiled Kingdoms mehr Inhalt bekommt.
(Mithilfe eines Übersetzungsdienstes, Google Translate)

Hinkl

Thanks for carrying the torch of true rpg awesomeness through this dark age of free to play paywall ridden wannabe rpg madness.I´ll click the buy game button hard enough to shatter my desk :)

p4ran0id

Staff member
The update’s will be available for IOS? Thanks for the great game
Archaelund is for Desktop only first, maybe later there will be a mobile version. About EK, it will be so far in future and so many things can change so no one can tell you that right now