Arbenos' Might Faulty Description (2 Hand Weapons Double Effect)

Tom Bombadil

At the description of the Arbenos' Might, it's stated that the effect doubles with 2 hand weapons.

Although the description says that, the fire damage does not double but stays the same. Attached, there are some pictures regarding the issue. The regular damage doubles but the fire damage doesn't. This should be corrected according to the skill's description.

The damage without Arbenos'Might is 19-32.

I have arbenos' Might 3, so, with a double handed weapon, I should have a 16 regular, 8 fire damage boost. However, I only have 4 fire damage boost instead of 8.

Thanks in advance

VDX_360

Staff member
So if I'm reading that correctly, the physical damage is doubled but the fire damage is remaining the same. Looks like an equation issue in the code, only a Developer fix. Good catch.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
If I remember correctly, David said once that only the normal damage is supposed to be doubled, not the elemental damage. So everything seems to be correct, although I agree that the description may be misleading. It should state somewhere that only normal damage is affected.

VDX_360

Staff member
MikeB":1p6o2pc1 said:
David said once that only the normal damage is supposed to be doubled, not the elemental damage.
I think you're right. I have vague memories of that thread... doubling the fire damage was viewed as over-kill, esp against fire-weak enemies. Still not good against Fire drakes :)

So I second the idea of re-wording the description.

Kuratha

Staff member
The confusing wording:
"You will do more damage, both normal and fire based. Double effect with 2H weapons."

An good description:
"You deal increased physical and fire-based damage. Using 2H weapons doubles the physical damage effect ."

-Fighting Fire Dragons w/ Hirge as your companion-
*Fire Dragon attacks
*Hirge does not like attack
*Hirge Retaliates
*Hirge uses Arbenos' Might
-I yell, "NOOOOO~!!!"-
-My life story :(