any tips on playing solo characters?

gogvesper

hello i'm a fairly new player and i would like to know tips on playing solo. i am currently on an archer character lvl 6

gogvesper

also i would like to add..
is there a time limit in this game?? i am kinda worried when grinding because the game counts days which makes me think that there is a time limit..

Aegiswrath

hi!

Playing solo in early game is hard. Most of the time quests are dangerous if u haven't got companion/bodyguard (Grissandra). I'm not a pro gamer, but i suggest that u should invite a companion to protect u. Naturally u should try solo game, it's your decision.
About ur other question: I think there is no time "limit". So, don't worry :)

Aalandryll

Loreseeker
Certain quests are timed, but otherwise it does not matter if you have 30 days game time or 3000 days game time... Currently... the game is still in beta and while I don't think David will change that...

feldon

Loreseeker
Aalandryll":2m7fa84g said:
Certain quests are timed, but otherwise it does not matter if you have 30 days game time or 3000 days game time... Currently... the game is still in beta and while I don't think David will change that...

To add on, Town Hall quests are timed, but clearly state the length you have. Some quests will require you to do things at a certain time of time of day (usually night time).

One confusion is when a researcher tells you it will take x amount of time to complete the research. This is untrue and simply requires you to return w the requested items, even immediately if possible.

David has mentioned so 'time' mechanic that will eventually be implemented around Shards, but it is still unclear whether that is in game time or real time.

Martinbelfast

At 160hrs 17 mins game play and 865 in game days . No worries play as slow or fast as you like enjoy the game.

KiLL3r_cLoWn

Shit I'm at 120hrs in game play but only 290 days in game but I'm a cleric so I can heal 125hp for 18 mana and my total mana is now 126 with x4 recovery so I can do very long expeditions without resting just sell my items at nearest town save and off I go again

ClockworkGhost

In regards to the question of playing solo characters: you need very good stat raising gear that increases the stats you'd otherwise be weaker in with your character build. From what I understand, you don't need higher than level 2 in any stat to activate all available conversation or observation options, such as finding required information and hidden objects or alternatives to the linear narrative. I'd avoid playing solo until after level ten though, it's a bit tough in places before that, but that's obviously up to you.

And no, no time limits... yet... other than otherwise specified :)

feldon

Loreseeker
ClockworkGhost":1jb94q5i said:
In regards to the question of playing solo characters: you need very good stat raising gear that increases the stats you'd otherwise be weaker in with your character build. From what I understand, you don't need higher than level 2 in any stat to activate all available conversation or observation options, such as finding required information and hidden objects or alternatives to the linear narrative. I'd avoid playing solo until after level ten though, it's a bit tough in places before that, but that's obviously up to you.

And no, no time limits... yet... other than otherwise specified :)
Level 3 on the bottom row gets you everything, lvl 2 misses a lot