[Announcement] Exiled Kingdoms is getting a new update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demetros

А будут ли наконец то добавлены локации которые показываются на карте но попасть на них не возможно? Горы,королевство орков,один город находящийся возле Нью-Артура,лес рядом м Фиöгасом и похожие? Так же надеюсь немного повышены цены на покупку и продажу уникальных/ценных предметов. Так же чтобы можно было входить в большее количество домов в городах. Ну и возможность приучит питомца.
Post automatically merged:    

И немног не хватает сюжета о самом главном персонаже,чисто про него только несколько фраз говорится. И больше моментов когда нельзя уйти из разговора.

zDreus

I'd love to see a mage companion but not Amarisa, we know that we get more things in a lv up because we have Tremadan blood, so does she, it wouldn't make sense to have her lv up like a normal companion and it would be broken the other way around.

Sir Squirrelsalot

Staff member
I argue with the sentment from zDreus; thier is also the issue that Amarisa isn't available until after the Ark which would be rather late to get a companion.

Equinox

Easy up on asking for paid content. Yes this game is cheap in the developed world, but it cost me 2 weeks worth of food. I only purchased it after playing the free version to death, and this is the first game I've bought on play store. Thank you for the value you attach to the game David. For me it was a very good investment. Not only for myself, but ive used it to teach people without even a phone, to play interesting/thinking games. I personally rate this as the best game for mobiles in existence.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Personally I want him to charge for optional "starter packs" so you can start the game with some pretty good starting kit. That would be 100% optional to buy and wouldn't "paywall" the game, but it would give David a second income stream from the game, and it would refresh the game for those of us on the nth-plus run. I understand how David feels cheated by so much DLC, and over the years I've seen so much DLC like that, but if the DLC is optional (genuinely optional, not "if you don't buy it you have no chance") and really helps the developer, and I love the game, I don't mind buying it if I can afford it.

PS, for those of you who say this will unbalance the game consider the random encounters and the weaponsmith. I walked out of a town, basically at the start of the game, and I hit upon him and gave up my only money to get a Sword of Flames. At stupid low level. Lets get some context for that: it beats Deathclaw, Firesplitter (a difficult to get unique), Lightning axe, Heavy Scimitar, Crushing Ember, Winter Stone, Bluesteel Axes & Longswords, every "fire bow" in the game, indeed a full ELEVEN PAGES of the weapon page of Wiki. It's literally the sword that lives between Bluesteel Longsword and Righteousness (Righteousness of all things!!). Yes Sword of Shock is available at low level but only after you've beaten a boss. The first boss of the game but still you have to work for it (and you can easily die to it). And that's just bog-standard "obvious" play, no ultra-game knowledge and perfect-run raids getting a nifty weapon.

VDX_360

Staff member
Hey, there's a lot of great feedback and discussion in this thread! But, it would be better posted in the Feedback area.

This thread was for an announcement from the Developer, but has gotten way off-topic. Some great stuff, but to keep the forum organized and make it easier for people to separate Developer Announcements from Feedback discussions. Again, some great stuff, but after months of comments, its wondered a bit.

Locking thread.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Hi all, merry Christmas! it's been weeks since I talked about the next Exiled Kingdoms update, so here's some information on it.

The planned update for EK is around 40% completion. It is a very big one; maybe I should have gone for something smaller that would be released by now, but it's how it ended up.

Maps: Right now there's 4 new outdoor areas and 3 dungeons that are almost complete, that's 7 maps out of the 10 or 11 the update will include.

Quests: Probably 6 new quests will be added in total, at the moment only one is functional as of today, others are in diverse stages of planning/development.

Other content: There's new enemies and items as well. I still haven't started with the new Skills although I already know what they will do.

Mechanics/Gameplay: I will add a new (easier) difficulty mode, and I'll add an option to lower the game difficulty on existing games. Level-up progression will be a bit faster after level 11, and most of the new content will be targeted at levels 12-18, which is the most needed I think. There'll be some high level encounters as well; I want to add another "crazy-hard" area but I'm not sure it will make it into this update.

When will be ready: no idea, I keep working, and when it's done it's done.

Disclaimer: Please remember this is just some bonus (and free) content added to an existing and complete game, don't expect groundbreaking changes.

Enjoy the holidays and have a wonderful new year!

Status
Not open for further replies.