[Announcement] Exiled Kingdoms is getting a new update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invector

Is there a spot that's especially bad? Beleive or not, NPC's AI has gotten improved over the course of development to reduce this issue.
I can't point to any spot that's especially bad, but it happens to me often enough that I want to pound something. The latest happened at the bridge in Southern Bluemist River. April (not April Bridgeblocker, or April Comatose---just April) stood on the south side of the bridge and despite a long string of four-letter words she would simply not move. So I saved and exited, and when I returned, there she was---still standing there in the *&^% way!
Please, just give me the option to kill her next time. :mad:

And one other thing I recently thought of. Why is it that all of our enemies can blissfully walk over a spike or bear trap without a scratch? Does that make sense at all? Sure, I get that a ghost should be able to do that, but when I see an orc or bandit do it it drives me nuts. If they can't remember where they put one and then walk over it themselves they should suffer the consequences.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Earlier I said I'd pay REAL money for more space in the backpack or bag of holding.
Well here's something else I'd pay real money for----the ability to KILL NPCs who block bridges! 😡

Well it will never happen, EK won't get benefits with real money.

But, a bit OT, it reminds me of an old game I played, Gothic 2.

There was a cmd (cheat, but build in that game) that made possible to kill NPC. Was really funny till I realized that I killed someone important and had to restart 😏

john_gilbert-EK

When it comes to the story, I hope we can have more Varannari storylines.

I'm interested to discover more about the original inhabitants of the land. I'm also interested to see how the dynamics would be among us players trying to balance our relations with Mercia and the Varannari.

I noticed that the in-game trade-off isn't too appealing when building up your rep with the Varannari. Not much to get when helping them out but a star for being a good boy/girl.

Right now, helping the Varannari is more of a personal moral choice. If you can't stand slavery, you might be inclined to favor choices that help them. Of course, you can always keep in mind that it's just a game.

Stil, love the game! Recently just finished it and excited to see updates soon!

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
How about considering fixing-up some of the creature elemental resistances? There's a whole lot that makes very little sense.

iniestaFan

So glad to hear about updates! This is a piece of art .. Thank you for the game.

I don't know if you are open to suggestions
, but if you are (and I'm just a player, if some change would 'break the game' I apologize for poor understanding of it):
  • More creatures high level (maybe 30+ or even 40+) so people engage more in grinding to 30+ 40+ with some goal (even being a secondary goal, if there's a 'lv50 boss' for example, I feel curiosity trying to defeat him)
  • Those crafting locations where you pick one of two (like the rings at Maze of Lamth 2) could offer the 2nd item (maybe for a much expensive list of resoures)
  • Ability to craft more chests on houses (by gathering a list of rare materials/gold)
  • Ability to craft furnitures with gold/loots from bosses or difficult monsters so you could make your house more like 'your house', and still engaging players to look for bosses/particular monsters/maps
  • The bosses could drop something like their 'head' so you could count/register or even decorate your house (like the 1st goblin head)
  • Other classes (considering the build variety, adding a single class could add 2 or even more new playstyles; 2 classes+ would be great of course)
  • Those 'unique' itens could have some mark so we know it's not that expendable(without having to check regularly on wiki)
    • I'm talking about a simple mark, like a outline or something like that, not fancy colors or highlights like the RPGs nowadays - It would be more functional than an aesthetic feature
  • New weapons (specially bows)
    • by dropping or crafting
  • Continue expanding map general speaking (new maps/mobs/npcs/storyline)
    • like south of wyvern that's blocked; 2nd level of goblin cave; tower on southern of kingsbride;etc
  • Some NPC that you could trade mana potions <> health potions for some reasonable tax convertion (for those who pick a rogue/warrior and also grissenda/adaon, they don't have much to do with mana potions)

Well, and if you are not gathering suggestions, just ignore because I'm sure there's just great things already coming!

Thanks again, and good luck!

Last edited:

Sir Squirrelsalot

Staff member
Lots of people are asking for mage companion and I aggre it would be awesome (I keep flip flopping between the two but don't like Hirge's mana discipline)and it got me thinking about why they weren't available already and I suspect the answer is simply that they would waste so much of their mana on the wrong spells or on spells against weak targets. Targeting and timing in general is problematic for the AI. One thing that could address this issue is to make the companions abilities casted by the player if they turn it on in the settings.

VDX_360

Staff member
All mage attacks are ranged, which would throw off the game balance. So in addition to trying to find an AI code that would be meaningful for a mage, you'd destroy the difficulty of the game.

Sir Squirrelsalot

Staff member
All mage attacks are ranged, which would throw off the game balance. So in addition to trying to find an AI code that would be meaningful for a mage, you'd destroy the difficulty of the game.
I don't understand how having a ranged companion messes with the balance particularly since you already have two that can; one of which can do it well. Also the player already has all the ranged options. In addition, while two mages would be able to output a ton of ranged firepower they are a pair of glass cannons anything that reaches them will shred them like wet tissue paper.
As for the AI if it really is a problem one could just say that the mage companion should only be used with the menu option that has you control your companions ability casts.

Status
Not open for further replies.