Android Crash: Swine Trouble - run away from woodsmen then interact with Mifadis

Platform
Android

rplatham

The game will always crash in Swine Trouble if Rosy's woodsmen attack and you run back to Mifadis instead of killing the woodsmen. When you tap on Mifadis to engage conversation, the game crashes to black screen and returns to the OS. Savegame file doesn't seem to be corrupted, when you start the game again, the last save seems fine.

I've reproduced this crash several times for the same character who cannot pass either trait check (PER 4 or INT 3), following both options where you attack directly or Rosy causes the woodsmen to attack you. I'm running version 1.3.1182 on Android 10.

VDX_360

Staff member
The game seems to lack a working quest update note to address having started the fight, but not having finished it before talking to Mifadis. That seems to cause the hiccup that causes the crash.

Only @DavidBVal can check to see if there's supposed to be a quest update note or to fix it if there's something broken.

Not really a game breaker as one could just finish the fight, as one is supposed to.

rplatham

Thanks @VDX_360. Your analysis makes sense, and you're correct, it's definitely not a game breaker. I was just posting so Dav knew about it. One more note: crash also happens if you kill the woodsmen then go talk to Mifadis without first talking to Rosy.

VDX_360

Staff member
Thanks for the extra details.

That extra detail seems to suggest the crash is caused by the game trying to update a quest with a wonky quest status.

Trace Da Cruz

About this, when you don't pass the trait checks you have the option of just talking to Mifadis and telling him to solve his problem by himself, you at least get 400 gold with no blood in your hands, is an alternative to fighting.