Ancient tolassian skillbook tomes

Cyla2009

Is there anything besides leveling up that gives extra skill points and will we ever see anything like that? And will there be more ancient tolassian tomes in future updates?

Vaaclav

Translator
I would prefer to learning skills levels for money - in case of advanced skills. But generally, I would like to find anything like book or scroll that would grant

Simply, at first skills would be opened - and then, for next money, their level would be increased.

When you are at level 13 or higher, you may make a lot of money in Maze of Lamth.

Bluesteel axes are very valueable and some other equipment you may find there, too. So, it is not problem to make more than 1000 (or even 2000) per one round.

But I still suggest to have a sufficient amount of healing potions. So, one or two rounds will be spent for potions.

keeper216

Skill Books

It would be nice for skill books to be a thing. Like Ancient Tolassian Tome but for skills. It would add 1 skill point to be used. I think these would be very useful. Might even just have 3-4 skill books. I see on the wiki there are 8 Ancient Tolassian Tome. Any chance this can be a thing?

Aalandryll

Loreseeker
Re: Skill Books

keeper216":2z3b3gof said:
It would be nice for skill books to be a thing. Like Ancient Tolassian Tome but for skills. It would add 1 skill point to be used. I think these would be very useful. Might even just have 3-4 skill books. I see on the wiki there are 8 Ancient Tolassian Tome. Any chance this can be a thing?

merged into correct thread... and we need to update wiki... current count is 9...

Vaaclav

Translator
I think that skill and trait points could be gained in greater number on higher levels. For example, 1-10 would be the same as currently is, 11-20 would be for 3 points and so on.

This advancing would be quite reasonable. It regards that skills and traits are more and more expensive but still ... number of gained points would not grant making superheroes.

cjonas

Vaaclav":1fncgys7 said:
I think that skill and trait points could be gained in greater number on higher levels. For example, 1-10 would be the same as currently is, 11-20 would be for 3 points and so on.

This advancing would be quite reasonable. It regards that skills and traits are more and more expensive but still ... number of gained points would not grant making superheroes.

I agree, especially with the trait points. The way the system is currently designed (where each time you increase a trait, it take more points) it means that your character trail improvement will exponentially slow down as you gain levels... This is a major flaw IMO.

Just to geek out... I create a chart to show what it would look like to try to Max out a single Trait:
Untitled_spreadsheet_Google_Sheets.png

Setrian

With the maximum level currently at 25, that would be 20 more points if it increases every 10 levels. Probably getting close to all skills with that many.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
EDIT: to clarify, I am talking about trait books. Skill books won't happen, but maybe some skill points trainers can happen.

I have considered this for some time, yes. I don't rule out the possibility of giving 3 points after level 12, and 4 points after level 20.

However the increase is not supposed to be proportional or linear. The system caps at 10, and I might introduce some advanced skills with requirements of 9 and 10 so only very specialized characters can reach them. And there's the books, which will probably be around 15 when all is said and done.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
And just to mention, some things scale with player's level. So gaining level has more than one advantage.

Vaaclav

Translator
Another way is that basic points will be the same at all and only after some levels (10) will be some bonus points (up to 5 - so there would be 3 bonus points).

This still would give a few more points - but not so much as in my previous idea.

:!: BTW: I accepted 10 levels as very reasonable. In case of 5 levels, there would be a really plenty of points and it is not good.

:arrow:
As my cleric is currently on lvl 17, it means that he would have following number of points:

Original idea: 10*2 + 7*3 = 41
New idea: 17*2 + 1*3 = 37

:arrow:
Another way how to get some bonus points would be some quests.