Ancient Idols

Mr. Ted

I aquired all three idols, and gave them to the sage, but i was low on health and mana and wasn't expecting that ghost to appear. I panicked and ran to the inn and the ghost dude despawned. Sadly, my quicksaves can't go back to before that happened. Will the idols be forever gone?

VDX_360

Staff member
See quest The Collectionist. The idols are gone once you turn them in, they serve no purpose other than to trigger the Nightwalker.

Running from the fight is the worst outcome of the quest. You're stuck with a decent hit to your reputation, you can work it off doing Town Hall Quests so not a deal-breaker.

You MIGHT have an area-autosave from when you returned to town, but before you talked to the Sage?

Mr. Ted

Sadly, i don't. But thanks for the info. Looks like i got some questing to do.

VDX_360

Staff member
If it makes you feel better, a lot of players get caught off guard by that surprise. David, the Developer, is fully aware that players tend to turn in quest items before staying at the inn. So it's not uncommon for players to be low on life and not ready for the Nightwalker. David is just mean that sometimes.... (But don't worry, the forum is here to help you).