All the tavern rumors

GraydenGamer

So, guys, first thread I post here. Don't know how everything works here, but one thing I know. There has to be a place where we can put all the tavern rumors and their conditions together. Sooooo, each monday I'll be coming here, get all the rumors you guys can find (I'll try my best too) and improve the list!
I also think that some of the standard rumors appear just after a specific lvl, but didn't research that. Also, there seems to be rumors that triggers differently in different inns through Varannar, but these are just my thoughts. Not gonna confirm this for a while, it is a lot of work...
Anyway, thank you all for the support, especially @stonedwolf

List of rumors:
Obs: rumors that trigger after a mission completion are at the end.
  • A traveling troupe of friguldian actors is performing in New Anthur. There main actor, Laertas, is the favorite of the crowd.
  • A group of adventurers found a strange black shard after defeating a dragon. They sold it to the Friguld governor for quite a sum, and now it’s safely locked up in the golden cove bank.
  • In Mercia there is slave trade, which makes the other kingdoms nervous. But they don’t enslave ‘civilized’ people, only varranari savages, or convicts.
  • It is said that a gem trader in Jabal is offering a much better price for emeralds than usual. Maybe he is a wizard and uses them as reagents?
  • It is said that a young warrior called Grissenda has vowed to recover a lost family relic. She was last seen in Northern Bluemist river, exploring some ruins.
  • Varsilia is a rich kingdom, but its roads are not safe. There's a rumor about bandits kidnapping a woman near Kingsbridge and dragging her to a cave.
  • Years ago, one of those Loreseekers from New Garand ventured into the Deadwood. She was never seen again.
  • Some monsters, like undead, are much stronger by night.
  • A group of Varannari hunters is now camping in South Sagar Forest. They can be dangerous, but normally they just go about their own business and sometimes you can trade with them.
  • Goblins may seem puny and weak, but they can swarm you easily. And deep in the mountains, it's said they're bigger and stronger, so watch out!
  • There is a strange vagabond wandering the streets of New Garand... He is huge, his face is deformed, and he seems to have lost his mind. The guards should lock him up.
  • It is said that goblins worshipped Fire Drakes and Red Dragons in the ancient days. Some even believe such creatures still live deep into Gorx Lair, north of Lannegar.
  • Travellers from Föga talk about a crazed Mirmek enveloped in magic flames; it leveled the forests in the Iross Highlands, and hid in some cave there.
  • Trolls are gruesome beasts, and very hard to kill. The only way to make sure they stop regenerating is burning them with fire.
  • Some nights ago there was quite a racket in New Garand. The watch pursued some burglars, but they escaped. Many say they went down into the sewers.
  • The word is, some smugglers in New Garand work outside of the control of the Seventh House. They must be nuts to do so, even if probably they hide outside the city.
  • The Church of the Three sent an expedition of crusaders against the undead of Great Inori, led by a young priestess called Hirge.
  • One of the finest alchemists in the Nivarian, Mallow Firebrew, went out of business recently. Word is, he is trying to rebuild his business, and seeks adventurers that bring him ingredients.
  • (After "A Web of Terror") The great Arena of Freetown has opened its gates! They are still trying to recuit gladiators aspiring to gain fame and fortune.
  • (After "Lady of the Night" finished, evil end) Something is rotten in Icemist. Arcane Captain Torden went missing, and there’s rumors of other people disappearing every night.
  • (After "Head Hunting" finished) Have you heard the good news? Some hero entered lannengar mine and defeated the goblins, including their Flamedancer leader. Now the mines have been reopened!

Last edited:

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
  • It is said that a young warrior called Grissenda has vowed to recover a lost family relic. She was last seen in Northern Bluemist river, exploring some ruins.
  • Varsilia is a rich kingdom, but its roads are not safe. There's a rumor about bandits kidnapping a woman near Kingsbridge and dragging her to a cave.
  • Years ago, one of those Loreseekers from New Garand ventured into the Deadwood. She was never seen again.
  • A group of Varannari hunters is now camping in South Sagar Forest. They can be dangerous, but normally they just go about their own business and sometimes you can trade with them.
  • It is said that a gem trader in Jabal is offering much better price for emeralds than usual. Maybe he is a wizard and uses them as reagents?
  • Goblins may seem puny and weak, but they can swarm you easily. And deep in the mountains, it's said they're bigger and stronger, so watch out!
  • Have you heard the good news? Some hero entered Lannegar Mine and defeated the goblins, including their Flamedancer leader. Now the mines have been reopened!
  • There is a strange vagabond wandering the streets of New Garand... He is huge, his face is deformed, and he seems to have lost his mind. The guards should lock him up.
  • It is said that goblins worshipped Fire Drakes and Red Dragons in the ancient days. Some even believe such creatures still live deep into Gorx Lair, north of Lannegar.
  • "Travellers from Föga talk about a crazed Mirmek enveloped in magic flames; it leveled [sic] the forests in the Iross Highlands, and hid in some cave there. "
  • Trolls are gruesome beasts, and very hard to kill. The only way to make sure they stop regenerating is burning them with fire.
  • Some nights ago there was quite a racket in New Garand. The watch pursued some burglars, but they escaped. Many say they went down into the sewers.
  • The word is, some smugglers in New Garand work outside of the control of the Seventh House. They must be nuts to do so, even if probably they hide outside the city.
  • A travelling troupe of Friguldian actors is performing in New Anthur. Their main actor, Laertes, is the favorite of the crowd.
  • The Church of the Three sent an expedition of crusaders against the undead of Great Inori, led by a young priestess called Hirge.
  • One of the finest alchemists in the Nivarian, Mallow Firebrew, went out of business recently. Word is, he is trying to rebuild his business, and seeks adventurers that bring him ingredients.
  • A group of adventures found a strange black shard after defeating a dragon. They sold it to the Friguld Governor for quite a sum, and now it's safely locked up in the Golden Cove Bank.
  • Something is rotten in Icemist. Arcane Captain Torden went missing, and there's rumors of other people disappearing every night.
  • The great Arena of Freetown has opened its gates! They are still trying to recuit [sic] gladiators aspiring to gain fame and fortune.

Deleted member 30241

• It is said that a gem trader in Jabal is offering much better price for emeralds than usual. Maybe he is a wizard and uses them as reagents?
  • Have you heard the good news? Some hero entered Lannegar Mine and defeated the goblins, including their Flamedancer leader. Now the mines have been reopened!
  • "Travellers from Föga talk about a crazed Mirmek enveloped in magic flames; it leveled [sic] the forests in the Iross Highlands, and hid in some cave there. "
  • A travelling troupe of Friguldian actors is performing in New Anthur. Their main actor, Laertes, is the favorite of the crowd.
  • A group of adventures found a strange black shard after defeating a dragon. They sold it to the Friguld Governor for quite a sum, and now it's safely locked up in the Golden Cove Bank.
  • Something is rotten in Icemist. Arcane Captain Torden went missing, and there's rumors of other people disappearing every night.
  • The great Arena of Freetown has opened its gates! They are still trying to recuit [sic] gladiators aspiring to gain fame and fortune.
They are that many?

GraydenGamer

Wow, thank you! That's a lot, and all that I gathered in the week is here. I'll put the arranges of missions and fix on top.
Still, if you found any more, don't forget to bring here :)

Sorry for taking a little more, this week has been hurry to me. Next one will be at the spoken day.

Last edited:

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Wow, thank you! That's a lot, and all that I gathered in the week is here. I'll put the arranges of missions and fix on top.
Still, if you found any more, don't forget to bring here :)

Sorry for taking a little more, this week has been hurry to me. Next one will be at the spoken day.

If you like you can try to figure out what triggers them, else I can update.

GraydenGamer

If you like you can try to figure out what triggers them, else I can update.
Well, I have a save with a warrior 100% complete. I can reset traits and skills for getting all the possible gossip abilities (together with the shield of the hero and the ring of gossip). It'll cost me some time, but as grandpa said, "if you want something well done, do it yourself!"
And I think with those I can get a real understatement of gossip around Varannar, doing tests with low gossip, medium gossip, high gossip, and I'll see if there is any possible 100%+ gossip!

Arcanmaster

warrior 100% complete.
You will miss a lot of unique quest rumours(not rumour boss, not TH quests) if you have all quests completed.
Rogues have start 10% bonus to Gossip, Clerics get mana (not only gossip and Death resist) from Personality).
So should choose Rogue or Cleric if you decide to start new rumour oriented game.
Goggled Helmer, Magisters Pendant and 2 Rings of the Trader give the highest possible gossip bonus from equipment for Rogue(and Mage).
If you are Warrior/Cleric you should add Shield of the Dragon Hunter/Hero's Shield.
For early/mid game try to get Cowl of Fellowship.

Last edited:

Molokot

Are you sure that bonuses on diffrent items combine? Isnt it like with stats that only highest one counts?