All Ideas For Mage

Cainus

So David already shared, that he is working on mage for next update..
We can share all of our opinions in this topic..

Just beginning, maybe he can make the skills about being three different builds(Elemental mage, Dark mage and also yeah there could be a dark path that the banned by the wizard guild.. etc..)

I am curious, and cant wait about your ideas.. :)

A Shady Traveler

Loreseeker
I think Dark Magic should be advanc skills learned from Varanni witches and druids in Elder Forest, since quests like A Web of Terror and Cursed Abbey states that Varanni witches practice Dark Magic

Cainus

A Shady Traveler":30qi8wra said:
I think Dark Magic should be advanc skills learned from Varanni witches and druids in Elder Forest, since quests like A Web of Terror and Cursed Abbey states that Varanni witches practice Dark Magic

Very nice one.
Thanks for reply mate, so more ideas ? it could be about gear, quests, skills and everything about mage, ive been waiting too long for this moment :3

Marcusso

The powers of the magician could be divided into 3 paths: The initial path, with elemental powers, water, fire, earth, air and the junction of these elements. The black path, as quoted above, black magic comes from Varanare other black magicians. And the "enlightened" path, Tremadan's magic, when access to Tremadan Tower was possible, he could teach his powers.

A Shady Traveler

Loreseeker
I already put some toughts of mine in this post
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9648&start=10

A Shady Traveler":1aznoy6b said:
Claytopia":1aznoy6b said:
Here's my 2 cents on what I would implement.

Staffs to be 2 handed ranged and melee weapons.
Wands to be 1 handed ranged weapons.

Introduce tomes that give increased elemental resistance/damage soaking/ other buffs as a mage specific off hand item.

Depending on what the staff/wand is made of (young oak, mature oak, ancient oak etc) will change their damage like iron/steel/blue steel does now
Depending on their type normal/robust/gnarled etc it will change their speed/critical % chance like weapon types dagger/short sword/long sword does now.
Some to be imbued to do additional elemental damage.
To increase the damage increase your intelligence stat (like str and agi for the other classes)

Armour can follow closely to the template already in place but introduce mage specific robes/helmets/gloves/leggings/boots similar to the blessed chain/plate for clerics.

A new range of belts that are mage/cleric specific.

As for skills I would do things like
staff expert (think 2 handed expert)
summon creature x (wolf/elemental/drake) like the scrolls
shielding (increase ac and stun/ elemental resistance) or stone skin (soak x amount of damage) or blur (increase ac and reduce damage)
A walls spell that creates a wall around the caster that deals elemental damage or a blast that knocks surrounding attackers back while dealing damage.
ranged elemental area damage (fire/ice/shock ball)
Detection to find hidden stuff
Damage buff to increase damage

For advanced skills
Increase mana per stat point.
Extended summons.
Stack int stat to Armour.
Magic elemental damage that damages all creature types regardless of their elemental type.
Haste to either attack or flee faster.
Permenant elemental resistance.
Convert health to mana
Teleport that allows you to leave, return or appear in a mage tower depending on its level.

I liked these ideas very much
- I sugest Tomes not as off hand but to be eqquiped (in place of shield) increasing dmg of Wands (1h), same way Dirk and Hatchet are already implemented to increase 1h weapons dmg
- Mage could wear Cuirass and Chainmail, but never Platemail. Robes could be used by both Mages and Clerics changig player skin to the ones we already see in game. Robes could grant +1 to +3 armor but would increase Mana more than any other item and also bonuses in specific elemental damages.
- Skills like Fire Ball or Eletric Shock, cast without need of a scroll, similar to Clerics Sacred Fire
- A skill called Alchemy could be learned in Thuram (by mages and cleric). This way there would be some use to "rubish" items found in enemies like mino horns, venom sacks, sabercat eyes....
- Maybe Scroll Writing skill, but the Mage would have to learn each type (paying 5000 or more for each one) and buy blank scroll papers in Thuram or mage guilds (with a chance to fail crafting each time)

Edit: since Cleric base element is fire (and rogue is "venom"), Mages should be electric. I mean, mages could cast electric damage spells ,like thunder bolt or electric shock, without scrolls.
Other elemental dmg would require scrolls. Some of this elemental dmg scrolls could be used by Clerics or a Warrior/Rogue with the skill Magical Training.
Of course there would be more powerfull scrolls, exclusive of mages, but they would require a higher level to be used.
And, aside Dark Magic training with Varanni, Tholassians could teach mages a thing or two about Necromancy.

The way i see, usually the path of the mage is harder than a warrior in the beggining, since he is more vulnerable to physical dmg and usually needs a summoned "tank", but later in game, a high lv mage can produce much more dmg, killing hordes by casting a single powerfull spell

Isiliax

A Shady Traveler":35ofuncz said:
Edit: since Cleric base element is fire (and rogue is "venom"), Mages should be electric. I mean, mages could cast electric damage spells ,like thunder bolt or electric shock, without scrolls.

There is already spell like that, casted by Minotaurs Oracles, Troll Shamans and Steel Wizards which looks like thunder bolt, so I suppose it won't be hard to equip wizard with this one and I would really like this.

Also every class have at least one defensive skill, like clerics Holy Shield, rogues Evasion, warriors Resilience.
So I suggest giving at least one to the mage. If his basic elemental dmg would be electric, than maybe some energy shield? It would last for like 10 seconds and deal dmg and has stun chance on every attacking enemy.

Summoning elemental imps would be awesome too :D

Cainus

Isiliax":42o1hnuj said:
A Shady Traveler":42o1hnuj said:

There is already spell like that, casted by Minotaurs Oracles, Troll Shamans and Steel Wizards which looks like thunder bolt, so I suppose it won't be hard to equip wizard with this one and I would really like this.

Also every class have at least one defensive skill, like clerics Holy Shield, rogues Evasion, warriors Resilience.
So I suggest giving at least one to the mage. If his basic elemental dmg would be electric, than maybe some energy shield? It would last for like 10 seconds and deal dmg and has stun chance on every attacking enemy.

Summoning elemental imps would be awesome too :D

Yeah all other classes have a different kind OF protection and im sure mage will have too..

On the other hand, i hope David will add merchant that one sells many mana potions :twisted: