Adaon stab

Ic1101

Hello. I am new to this forum. Only recently found this game and think it is great.
I have a question concerning Adaon and his use of Stab skill. I noticed he uses it way too seldom. Even though my MC rogue has the same Stab level, I use Stab about 3 times more often. And Stab is like the only reason ever take him as companion. Is there some hidden limitation of AI using their skills?

p4ran0id

Staff member
Ic1101":3fnkcfrl said:
Is there some hidden limitation of AI using their skills?

First, welcome here, that game is awesome and you will love it :lol:

About your question: AI is really stupid in that game, so don't expect too much. Hirge using might (fire damage) against fire elemental or gris using bash to kill a troll (starts to regenerate) is sometimes really annoying

Ps: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16972

Check that out, you get there faster help than in forum ;)

Ic1101

Well, might on fire elementals is OK as it adds 8 phys and 4 fire, so she will still do 4 more damage to them.
But Adaon not activating his Stab when he supposedly could is another thing.

VDX_360

Staff member
The AI of Companions has been a source of a lot of jokes over the development. From them standing on a fire block to them running right through a discovered trap. Hirge likes to use Might to fight Level 1 goblins, Adaon likes to keep his stab in reserve...well into reserve.

Best advice: Either adjust to the AI of the Companions, or avoid giving them active skills. Passive skills are automatically in play so there's less issue with AI.

Senenleigh

When Adaon gains assinate he will use stab much more frequently. When you first get him it's on an 11 second cooldown.