How to? Adaon build

How to do something?

Gr8Scott

Looking for advice on Adaon build with advanced skills.
If there's a thread on this already I couldn't find it. Just list the link if it somewhere else.
I finally got around to completing companion quests for Gris & Hirge. Now I picked up Adaon and will wander around to find that beggar. Can't wait to see if the story turns his rep around a bit or adds another thorn in my side.

I'm playing a Paladin (cleric+warrior guild). Advantages/disadvantages to flurry/stab/assassinate or archery/rapid fire? Thoughts on his trap disarming skills and kick(helpful as an archer?)

Thanks in advance. Getting to know companions will help with replays. I was considering a light weapon warrior next but not sure there's enough punch for the endgame. Sorry different topic, but flurry with critical skills sounds fun and there seems to weapons with decent elmental damage in all categories to have the right weapon for the job.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Melee Addy : Assassinate (assuming Stab, but c'mon!) & Flurry
Archer Addy : Rapid Fire

With those done...

Melee : Precision Strikes
Archer : Precision Shots
Both : Massive Criticals

Maybe just maybe before getting Level 3 in your primary ADV you get a point each in the criticals.

Also, don't be shy about respecing any low-skill points you aren't using optimally.

EDIT : Light Warrior is most certainly playable. It's not mix-max but with care it'll be a lot of fun.

Gr8Scott

Melee Addy : Assassinate (assuming Stab, but c'mon!) & Flurry
Archer Addy : Rapid Fire

With those done...

Melee : Precision Strikes
Archer : Precision Shots
Both : Massive Criticals

Maybe just maybe before getting Level 3 in your primary ADV you get a point each in the criticals.

Also, don't be shy about respecing any low-skill points you aren't using optimally.

EDIT : Light Warrior is most certainly playable. It's not mix-max but with care it'll be a lot of fun.
Thanks, that confirms the basics of melee & archer. Any thoughts on which you find better? Also is disarming traps worth adding in there? Intervention I has served me well so far, but it's annoying losing all mana in dungeons.

VDX_360

Staff member
In the Early Game, Agility Warriors seem appealing. Those are Agility focused warriors using light weapons. They tend to shine in the early game when every point of defense makes a deference, and can take full advantage of a few early light weapons that are overpowered (Icicle, for example). However, that advantage starts to slip as you transition to the mid-game, especially if you are playing on Hard.

Warriors do best as a 2-H Combat Focused Beast, or a 1-H Tank. They just don't get enough solid Light weapons to make up for the reduced damage. And by the end game, the few points of extra defense just aren't going to matter that much given end game armor, and end game attacks.

Now, if you've looked over the skill set, you might be tempted to go Light Weapon + High Agility + Flurry = Death Whirlwind. And there's some truth to that. Except, that Flurry doesn't add damage per hit, just increases the number of attacks. So against end game monsters with high defense, you just tickling faster.

You can off-set some of that by getting Heavy Hand, using buff potions, etc. But you will have to build your entire character around that one skill.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Thanks, that confirms the basics of melee & archer. Any thoughts on which you find better? Also is disarming traps worth adding in there? Intervention I has served me well so far, but it's annoying losing all mana in dungeons.

Melee Adaon has a higher DPS, and if you use him correctly you draw the aggro, manoeuvre so he is in flanking, and he Backstabs.

Archer Adaon is more fun (IMO) because he is weaker and lets you do the work as he chip's-in. Though much lower in DPS his archer has a Stun chance and that really helps you. Since the stun is a time-based trigger get the fastest bow you can. It's basically playing with only "a bit" of a companion there. But it's a reasonably universal consensus Adaon is the weakest companion. Griss and Hirge are the powerhouses. Griss if you need a tank (e.g. if you're a Mage, or Rogue) and Hirge is unsurpassed as a Warrior companion.

But that means I like Adaon because he makes you work harder.

Disarming Traps is situational. The more you know about dungeons (the more times you have played the game) the less relevant it is. But for a first or first-Rogue or first-Adaon run, why not? A successful disarm gives you XP. But it's not like Disarm is make or break.

Gr8Scott

So against end game monsters with high defense, you just tickling faster.
Haha! I shall tickle them to death and they shall die in laughter! Bring me my Jesters hammer. What do you mean "the swamp donkey has it?"
Post automatically merged:    

But it's a reasonably universal consensus Adaon is the weakest companion.

that means I like Adaon because he makes you work harder.
Thx stonerwolf. Adaon gets no love here on the boards. Kind of a glass melee tank with those LOW HP. Archer may work since I have warrior skills for offense.

Does 1 pt in Kick help keep enmies off him?

Last edited:

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Archer Addy does get love for stun-lock, but if you're using him for that and you're Warrior DEFINTELY consider going 2H (stun chance) plus a stun weapon. That maximises your total Stun chance.

A point of Kick won't hurt. But if he's at the stage of kicking something back it's likely soon over for him. A PC can use Kick and a manual move.