About the efficiency problems of stats

mono1

Current stats system doesn't give RPG-growing up feelings much.

Sometimes, it is just like huddles to get skills or procede quests(as some of you know, there is a quest which you can complete by only 2 awareness, not any other means.)

About battle stats, it become harder and harder to get higher stats, though the increases of dealing become meaningless for latter gameplaying. (if your dps is over 20, 1 increase of damage at 5 stat points costs doesn't feel good at all.) i understand heavy inflation of dps may cause other problems at future, but current system is too hard to feel joy of leveling.

the requiring stats to get skill is also problem. some skills require 5 specific stats, which need 15 stat points and at least 8 leveling. if you didn't see wiki infos before, when you want to get new advanced skills, you will get stuck with high probability. of course there is reset system, but it doesn't justify the problem.

none native, please understand poor english.

VDX_360

Staff member
The "problems" you describe are known aspects of the game which stem from the game design itself. Traits and skills have been adjusted based on feedback in the past and likely will get adjusted in the future---exactly how is unknown but the Developer does read feedback.

I like the current system, even through it can make it hard to decide on how to invest in skill points at level up.

The game isn't at Version 1.0 yet so there's still work to be done. A "Game Manual" has been discussed that might help avoid some of the common pitfalls players have gotten into regarding character development.

Roukan

Loreseeker
Are you referring to something like this http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DiminishingReturnsForBalance? Give it a read if you have the time, it's rather interesting

Don't mean to argue, but here's a thought. The way I see it, there's
a clear disadvantage to be had with either keeping the AP cost unchanged with each trait increase, or increasing the value of higher trait increases to match the higher AP. For instance, allow players to easily dump all points into the primary offensive trait at no consequence? They'd easily tear through everything the game has to offer with no challenge at all. Balance the difficulty to match such builds, and all players would require that one build which offers enough firepower to even stand a chance. Yeah I know, slippery slope.

Definitely agree with you on the high trait costs of some of the advanced skills though. Take these general advanced skills that almost any build would benefit from. Flurry (AGI 6), body development (END 4), massive criticals (STR 3), and the relevant crit rate-boosting skill (INT 1, AWA 1). That's a total of 39 AP for the bare essentials, for a very specific trait build which requires prior planning. With about 80 AP by level 25 (62 from leveling, the rest from tomes), the remainder is not a lot to work with in crafting a unique build. Ironically, good game balance in preventing cookie-cutter min-maxed builds might possibly be undermined by this.

Ah, sorry for rambling on; just found your topic interesting.

And BTW, your English is just fine for a non-native. Then again, as a native Chinese-speaker with a decent track record of getting misinterpreted, I don't really get the right to pass comments. There'll always be sticklers for good grammar/spelling though...don't let that discourage you.

mono1

Thanks for comments.

I experienced many rpg games and I understand what you are talking about.

in fact, I love the high utility of none-battle traits and the balance of benefits of strength and agility.

I thought again and got it why I ended up having complaints.

the reason is lots of requiring traits to get skills and to complete quests.

for example, if your agility was 3 or 4, because higher traits don't give you meaningful increasing anymore(though you'd not had complaints about this before), one day you faced new advanced skill and it required 5 or 6 agility, you would think, 'well, i want to get the skill but i should level up 5 or more times without reset, but 2 increase of agility at the cost of 5 leveling doesn't even give 5% dps increase! and how should I do as if another skill i want to get in the future requires 4 or more strength? and as if i lack non-battle traits so i even can't complete some quests later? maybe can I endure increasing reset costs? I have to find other advanced skills info in advance.' and you wouldn't feel good.

and some quests just requires some traits to complete it. you should just have the traits to make new choice sentence which only can complete it. They even doesn't give hints about traits, and other means like gossip, perception, battle don't work at all regardless of these efficiency. I think some hints should exist in the quest conversations, and requiring traits value should be 1, not 2. 2 values of traits needs at least 2 leveling and such requiring values to just complete the quests regardless of players' preference about traits may make them feel uncomfortable.
Of course the best is making other choices to complete the quests.