A way to efficiently kill high physical damage bosses ?

mentalmen000

My warrior character has a level of 22 and while he can slay liches and dragons with relative ease (consuming around 5 Greater Healing Potions and accompanied by Grissenda), I find him quite vulnerable against high physical damage bosses like the Nightmare Dragon or King of Korne, chugging down around 50 Greater Healing Potions (with a few resistance potions of course) and can only win when using hit and run tactics. I think shielding potions are borderline useless because with a total of 40+ armor from Resilence and my gears, the mentioned bosses still cut through my HP bar like butter.
Post automatically merged:    

Here's my build:

Last edited:

Commiades

If you've got a shard still, you haven't been to the Sunken Citadel, which would improve your armour and get you some handy potions, the Elixir of Galade.

I like Fury. Your damage may be a little low: Heavyhand or Duel can help.

VDX_360

Staff member
First, The Nightmare Dragon and King of Korne are contenders for two of the hardest enemies in the game. They will stress the combat abilities of any build. But let's check out a few things.

You have AGL 6 but DO NOT have the Advanced Skill Flurry. That seems odd. Typically the only reason to get a Warrior to have AGL 6 is to learn Flurry.

Infantry Training only works with 1-Hand weapons. Not Light weapons. So a better skill point allotment would be something with STR at least 1 or 2 points higher than AGL. (Obviously more if using 2-H).

The Nightmare dragon hits with heavy death damage and the King of Korne hits with heavy fire damage. So making sure you have serious fire/death protection will help a lot. Use those elemental protection rings, items, potions, etc. You don't say what your equipment is so just tossing that out there as some players forget that crucial aspect.

You don't mention your Companion choice, but given your character build, Hirge with a healer build might help out a lot. You do the damage. She helps keep you alive.

In general, elemental resistance potions will make more of a difference in a fight than a shield potion but that is mostly due to resistance potions lasting for a full minute. Let's do some math. A Shielding Potion gives +10 armour for 12 seconds. Using a shield gives you 4-to-10 points of defense for an average of 7. So if you get hit once per second (attack speed 10), that means on average you could expect a Potion of Shielding to reduce your damage by 84 points (7 x 12) over those 12 seconds. Not exactly outstanding but notable. Toss in the fact you can use other potions on top of that (healing, damage, etc). It can tip the scales in your favor.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
That's all good advice for a better build: drop AGI two or three points and put into STR and END, use Hand weapons and Shield. Your social Traits are a little high overall perhaps if you want to free a Trait point or two. For skills, I'd go for a max of Charge 2, Cleave 2, drop Resilience, add Fury as already said, Shield & Bash are good. Advanced skills drop those janky Critical Advanced Skills. Infantry Training max. A single point of Battle Rage is good. Max Body Development, Duel, and Heavyhand. Since you have the INT 3 anyway, a single point of Magical Training can let you read a Scroll: Circle of Restoration to rouse a comrade.

Chugging fixed-HP potions on a high HP Warrior isn't optimal, a better option is the %-of-HP variant Potion of Lesser Restoration, grind by Nivarian townhall quests and the Crimson Hills for Golden Apples.

Hirge with maxed Heal and no other active skills is basically a large HP pot on a leash.

You're also pretty hardcore for not having Extra Recovery, congrats on that.

Molokot

Its simple, drop active skills and get fury, crit chance and masive criticals to max level. Then equip adamantite sword and enjoy strongest character in the game. In case of some super tough boses you can use flurry to speed up their demise. You dont need active skill with extra armor because you have infantry training and end game warior armors+ shield gives enough protection.Also magical training + scrolls is much better wayy of healing and surviving dificult encounters than potions at high level.

Trace Da Cruz

Adding a bit more, I can see you are trying to get the most possible armor, but, as said, not all damage is physical, getting more Hp is what helped me more, along elemental resistance.

The armor is limited to 50, more or less. I don't get full armor bonus from potions so resilience won't be of use once you beat sunken citadel.

So consider also damage bonuses, like death against King of Korne, and spirit against Void lord, Nightmare dragon is vulnerable to cold if I recall properly, so bring winter wail (well, you need it anyway) and glacier stone...

Molokot

Elemental damage is for mages, warior doasnt realy need or benefit from it. He can have so high physical damage that can kill evrything in no time, also + elemental damage doasnt count for crit, so as soon as you get adamantite sword any elemental damage is useless. Earlier you can find silver + fire sword from rumour boses , that is usefull for werevolves and trolls and also 8% crit chance sword if u are lucky and its best option before adamantite.

Molokot

When you have infantry training you dont need that mage necklace. And farm shadow something pants from minotaur temple. They have 4def and give15% to both fire and lightning. As for necklace if you killed "prodigal daughter" (not easy, because when you talk with her she insist to hiore you instead, and you need to carefuly pick right dialogue options) tyhe she has awesome +5% fire resistance necklace. RIng from liches is also nice. And dont be so shy with endurance. More hp = fury at higher Hp and more healing from magic scrolls.