A peek at a few of the new skills.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Those will go live in next update, together with a few more.

Skill Point cost of all advanced skills is 1, 2, 3.

Oh, and I'll also reset the cost to respec to the initial one. After all, we're in Beta.

Attachments

• adv_skill_3.jpg
    adv_skill_3.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 1,416
  • adv_skill_1.jpg
    adv_skill_1.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 1,416
  • adv_skill_2.jpg
    adv_skill_2.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,416

Sir ShanksAlot

DavidBVal":24br32uk said:
Those will go live in next update, together with a few more.

Skill Point cost of all advanced skills is 1, 2, 3.

Oh, and I'll also reset the cost to respec to the initial one. After all, we're in Beta.

DAAAAAAANG, RANGE ROGUE IS BACK!

Are these the only three in production currently?
These are dope!

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
there are three more that already *work* as well. They increase critical chance and effect, both for ranged and melee. The way Criticals work now, those are nice too, especially with certain weapons.

Karjus

One query David. I noticed for example Duel having 2 Per as a requirement. Do you forsee advanced skills causing more rounded stats due to in this example not being able to put all points to Str/End.

Also due to stat and skill respec being untied, how do you intend say a warrior with 2 Per and 3 duel being effected if he respecs stats. Would his duel be unusable despite being learned until he once again had 2 or more Per. Do you intend to have stay buffs from equipment help with requirements?

Edit: suppose that was mode than one...

Sir ShanksAlot

DavidBVal":1klxg1jq said:
there are three more that already *work* as well. They increase critical chance and effect, both for ranged and melee. The way Criticals work now, those are nice too, especially with certain weapons.

I'm excited to see this, your hard work is never disappointing! Are these exclusive to rogue and warrior currently?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
The ones related to crits will be available to clerics as well. Although as they increase base weapon crit percentage, the only decent blubt weapons in that regard will be hammers. Clerics will get their turn soon, worry not, and also, I'll revamp some of their existing skills in the update.

And about requisites and respec of traits, I am still considering how to go about it. I will likely respec all the advanced skills as a side effect of respec, and then make them cost 0 if you already learned them in the past. Would be the simplest for me.

about the rounding, I don't think it will be a problem. It's not like I'm going to ask PER 5, requiring a 1 or a 2 is just a few points, and it's not like you can't pick another one that goes better with your trait choice. Like this:

Not sure if that one will make it into the next update, though.

Attachments

• adv_skill_4.jpg
    adv_skill_4.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 1,397

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Oh, and by the way: values are still under revision, they will probably change from the above when you see them live.

Karjus

Oh. I was asking about rounding of stats because personally I always find it interesting and encourages more builds instead of having obvious choices.

Also, due to the fact we're limited on what Special Skills we can learn, if we Respec will we be able to pick up new ones if we so desire? Or will it be possible to unlearn 1 Special Skill, refunding the points for it, opening the slot, and giving us the chance to learn another one?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Karjus":2am6ytce said:
Oh. I was asking about rounding of stats because personally I always find it interesting and encourages more builds instead of having obvious choices.

Also, due to the fact we're limited on what Special Skills we can learn, if we Respec will we be able to pick up new ones if we so desire? Or will it be possible to unlearn 1 Special Skill, refunding the points for it, opening the slot, and giving us the chance to learn another one?

About rounding: absolutely agreed! I want to encourage away from minmaxing. But a system that encourages every player to spread his points equally is almost as bad, the idea is finding diversity of builds. And yes, Advanced Skills will be a way to achieve that diversity.

On respec of advanced skills: I am not sure. On one hand, respec is anti-oldschool. On the other, the game is in deelopment, so it is fair to allow you to try things that get added. I will probably allow advanced skills respec as well, even if I might restrict it much more once we reach 1.0

Karjus

DavidBVal":7hvql4wc said:
Karjus":7hvql4wc said:

About rounding: absolutely agreed! I want to encourage away from minmaxing. But a system that encourages every player to spread his points equally is almost as bad, the idea is finding diversity of builds. And yes, Advanced Skills will be a way to achieve that diversity.

On respec of advanced skills: I am not sure. On one hand, respec is anti-oldschool. On the other, the game is in deelopment, so it is fair to allow you to try things that get added. I will probably allow advanced skills respec as well, even if I might restrict it much more once we reach 1.0

Well, to avoid that I truly do suggest skill gating via stats, or at least making the benefit from socials worth while. You're still going to get min/maxing, but at the least it might create situations where people go "ARGH! That reward is awesome and unique... but still, an extra damage always!" Rough, I know, especially due to the fact you might find gear later on that is better.

Have you considered a kind of "Leadership" bonus, where social stats add a percentage to your companion's ability, or XP gain?

And as much as I love old-school, I've got to admit I value my time these days. I'm so anal about getting characters perfect myself, always have been. In my youth, no issues, for me today, it tends to put me off if I can't adjust things on occasion because I didn't read so and so spoiler, or I thought so and so ability worked differently, etc.

Love the old school, hate where it was less player friendly.