A few questions.

Tree

Hello. I love this game. I have a couple of quick questions.

First is this game still being actively developed? I played a few years ago and then took a break waiting for new content and was happy that when I came back there were many new areas and quests. It would be very cool.to be able to explore the rest of the continent in the future.
Second I am wondering if it is possible to get the undermother's hide after finishing The Shards of Fate. I have read that after finishing the shards of fate that black shards no longer drop but her hide should still drop correct?
According to the wiki you get more inventory space after completing the shards of fate. Is that true because if so I want to wait to rob the friguld bank.

I know this game is a few years old so hopefully there are still active players and someone can answer my questions.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
  • Game is finished now, the sequel is being worked on. (The developer doesn't like it being called a sequel, it's not like EK Volume 2, instead it's an in-universe biggerer & betterer new game type sequel akin to how Skyrim is a sequel to Daggerfall).
  • Yes, if the Undermother dies she drops her Hide even if you've done the Shards of Fate (she just won't drop a shard).
  • The extra inventory is an item, the Bag of Holding; you get it by progressing the quest The Master's Laboratory.

VDX_360

Staff member
Per the Developer, he --might-- add additional content in the future (think years out, if at all). There are several places in the game where new content can be dove-tailed into the game (The Lady of the Night story arc for example).

As stated above, the Undermother's hide drop when you kill her. But as way of further comment, Players that just want to kill her (esp with help) tend to do it to get her shard; but, players seeking to kill her in her unweakened state, tend to kill her after the Shards of Fate due to the nature of leveling up and finding stronger equipment.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
I suspect the sheer scale of Archaelund will overwhelm him for years. Think how much work he put into EK with feedback, won't Archaelund be like that but amped-up to eleventy?

It'd be cool if we could find a way to get him to get another developer on it, a modding SDK, eventually open source it, etc.,

VDX_360

Staff member
Sadly, the Developer feels having a "real job", "showering" and seeing his "family" are excuses for him to not spent all his time Developer either games. I know, totally selfish of him, right?

The time intensive nature of working on Archaelund is a large factor in why putting off new content for Exiled Kingdoms.

Tree

Wow. Thanks for the responses.

Where can I get more info about this "sequel"? I have never played daggerdale and only briefly played skyrim so I'm not exactly sure what is meant "by how skyrim is a sequel to daggerfall". It would be cool if we were able to import EK characters into Archaelund but I am doubting that will be the case.

I agree with Stonedwolf too. It would be cool to get another developer to continue working on EK while the new game is being developed. There are a few towns on the world map that cannot be explored. Either way I understand how much work goes into making a game, especially by yourself, and how he might not want to let someone else to tinker with his baby. I'm looking forward to the next game in any case.

Regarding my question about finishing The Shards of Fate, the wiki page for the Snake Gang quest says this under the notes: "Try to keep as many free inventory slot as you can when you initiate the heist. Once the heist is completed, you can never rob the bank again. That means you can keep whatever treasure you can carry away during the heist and nothing more. (FYI, if you have patience and hold off on the heist until after you complete the Shards of Fate quest and the Master's Laboratory quest, you will have increased carrying capacity, which will help significantly with how much loot you can carry away from the heist.)"

I already finished The Masters Laboratory and have the bag of holding. Because the above said to wait until you complete The Shards of Fate AND The Masters Labratory I thought maybe you get more space in addition to the bag of holding.

Also I am currently level 20 stabbing assassin rogue and plan on killing both the flame prophet and the under mother so I will finish the shards of fate first. I don't need their shards. I only need one more share to finish and I can get it from the zombie dragon in the maze of lamth.

I am happy people still play Exiled Kingdoms or at least respond to the forum.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
I have never played daggerdale and only briefly played skyrim so I'm not exactly sure what is meant "by how skyrim is a sequel to daggerfall". It would be cool if we were able to import EK characters into Archaelund but I am doubting that will be the case.

It's set in the same fictional universe but in a different part of it and not continuing existing storylines but creating new ones.

VDX_360

Staff member
Try this link for the Steam page.

I'm not fond of the wording on the Bank's wiki page. Yes, you get one shot at the bank, thus anything you want to get done or take you have to do in one shot. But the Wiki page for the bank shows everything. Unless you're in the habit of carrying around a full back pack, you really don't have too much too worry about. You might have to choose between dropping one or two items but nothing game killer.

The idea of putting off the Bank till after the Shards of Fate is because the Black Shard will disappear so you won't have to pick it up. Giving a mere 1 more space of inventory for bank loot.

Fatedi

I been playing this game for like a week almost it’s it’s so fun highest levels is 8 tho lol. So you can’t explore the whole map? Someone said it was just a few towns? I been hoping to get good eventually and explore the far off places