A couple new ideas

RPGuru#32

Ive been playing EK for a while, love the game the story everything.

A couple things i would like to see:
Probably a lot of needless work, but id like to see the shield side of the character when he changes direction when walking.

An idea i would like to share with David about town hall quests.

In the future, when more cities and factions are created. An item could be loaded randomly and have either specific individuals or different factions (town halls) want the item. Then the gossip for the quest could be location driven depending on where the item was found or who wants it or what faction wants it. That way one item could raise or lower faction status in different locations etc...
This would really add to the role play aspect of the game and make factions even more important, especially if once sides are chosen one faction will give negatives to gossip in that part of the kingdom. Or you could loose knighthood by helping the enemy too much. There are many other ways this could be used even if just to expand existing town hall quests.

ClockworkGhost

Yeah, I'd love to see more presence of the various guilds, some of these locked doors opened with the right key words. Secret meetings, hooded figures in dark robes.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, more procedural content like that has always been in my mind. I need a larger world first, and finish the "static" world and quests first as well, but definitely gossip will play an important role, and things will happen randomly or semi-randomly in the world.

Law

Big consideration is potions being able to heal the companion .... I Run a tank and can only provide my safety i use my follower to find all of the secrets ... And recovery is the only thing that could heal him ... So please consider potions working for both people

Law (Tank on Normal) lvl 14

ClockworkGhost

Law":2ys34j9j said:
Big consideration is potions being able to heal the companion .... I Run a tank and can only provide my safety i use my follower to find all of the secrets ... And recovery is the only thing that could heal him ... So please consider potions working for both people

Potions do work on your companion though :) select them using their picture, select a potion, and Use it :)

Law

ClockworkGhost":g2lcbqiq said:
Law":g2lcbqiq said:

Potions do work on your companion though :) select them using their picture, select a potion, and Use it :)

Yes but im talking about just using it and it working for both ... Like the recorvey does ... If im useing a potion i dont have time to heal him and me

Azog

If im useing a potion i dont have time to heal him and me
The potion delay is only guilty for the one using it. If both need to use a health potion, just open the inventory and use a potion, then swich to companion and use a potion.