2-h warrior help

Deleted member 28869

I am absolute garbage at warrior. Any advice on what skills to pick first, what skills to focus on later, and how to progress the early levels?

RPG GAMER.

in the early levels go for icicle in level 8 by saving the actor in world is a stage
Post automatically merged:    

Or if you are a 2h warrior the go for wild thunder (really high dps for an early to mid game weapon) in great inori
Post automatically merged:    

And fury is a must for ark in my opinion

Last edited:

Deleted member 28869

I am talking about levels 1-6, about what skills to get for a solid foundation of my build, like should I prioritize whirlwind or 2-h mastery, should I even get fury even if I have very little health at the start if the build? But thanks anyway for the advice.

RPG GAMER.

I am talking about levels 1-6, about what skills to get for a solid foundation of my build, like should I prioritize whirlwind or 2-h mastery, should I even get fury even if I have very little health at the start if the build? But thanks anyway
Just max out 2h mastery and then go for other skills the damage bonus it gives at ealry game helps alot

VDX_360

Staff member
For clarity, it's low level 2-H Warrior.

After reading you post, I did a quick test. And this is what I did to reach Level 6 rather easily and rapidly knocking out quests. I reached Level 6 when I completed Restoring the Faith, it was in-game Day 8 and real-time play of 1 hr, 45 minutes. 18 quests complete with about 4 ready to knock out. Really solid foundation to start wrecking the world.

Quest and Level-up Notes.
Level 1 (Game start)
Traits: STR 1, END 2. That gives decent hit points plus damage.
Skills: Whirlwind 1.

Quests completed while Level 1:
Goblin Hunting. (killed just enough goblins to complete quest)
Find Ingredients (Blue Orchid). (One was right near Lannegar.
Talk to Priest, --) just under level-up

Note: Equipment, purchased mace from main village

Level 2 (reached level 2 while heading towards mine).
Traits: END 2.
Shills: Charge 1, Fury 1. Charge compliments Whilrwind, Fury will give some decent damage boost.

Quest completed while Level 2:
Lost Explorer (just kill what you have to, don't over explore),
Seed of Trust
A Warrior's Honor (just kill what you need to get the ring and get out)

Level 3 (reached when completing A Warriors Honor)
Trait points: INT 1, AWA 1, Sitting up foundation for mental traits later.
Skills: Charge 2, Cleave 1. Cleave with help with groups, Charge 2 will help knock things out.

Quest completed while Level 3:
Coyote Hunt (just killed enough to complete quests)
Bug Hunt
Flesh is Weak ( I found enough getting Griss' ring).
Forgotten Lore (first journal)

Level 4 (reached level 4 completing Forgotten Lore)
Trait Points STR 3 (Note, got trait tomb from first dungeon)
Skills: Whirlwind 2

BIG NOTE: Switched from 1-H mace to 2-H STEEL Greatsword at Kingsbridge where it's for sell.

Quests completed while Level 4:
Find Constanze (fought way towards her, got mushroom, got out)
Don't Shoot the Messenger
Forgotten Lore (second journal)
Gather ingredients (red orchid, mushroom)
I am best hunter in the world

Level 5 (reached right after Best Hunter quest, killing wolves to get white pelt)
Traits: hold 2 (didn't use, saved them)
Skills: 2-H expert 1, hold 1
NOTE: Got 2-H weapon at Level 4, got first 2-H skill at level 5.

Quests completed while Level 5:
Head Hunting (gave sword to Gris)
Fair Deal
The Best Plan
An Initiates End
Prisoner of Orcs
Mysterious Letter
Restoring the Faith

Level 6 (reached talking to Hirge to end Restoring the Faith).
STR 4 (that's why I saved up those trait points!)
Skills: 2-H Expert 2 (with STR 4, this skill does some nice damage).

At this point, Level 6 with choice of Companion.

In general, for the first few levels, have your Warrior use a 1-H weapon and shield. The extra defense is really useful in the very early game. Your STR and 2-H Expert skill just can't be high enough to make-up for the low level. That changes pretty fast.

With a 2-H Warrior, you can't go wrong with any of the three companions. Adaon can help find traps, triggers. Griss can serve as tank, and Hirge can heal. Just be mindful that Hirge healing can interfere with Fury.

Lastly, if you're playing on Hard, you might want to consider playing on Normal till you get more familiarity with the game. Nothing wrongwith that. That's how you learn a game.

VDX_360

Staff member
Warning with the above, I took Gris into the crypt. That meant I had to run through the gas trap. If I had thought about it, I would have switched to Adaon and saved myself some panic. But I had enough potions to brute force my way through the cloud.