How to? 2-H Level 8 Warrior - Need Help with Build

How to do something?

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
The critical exploit: Precision Strikes and Massive Criticals (keep in mind that two handed weapons don't have as high critical chance, but their criticals are devastating)

There is another thing at play here, weapon speed. 2H weapons have a lower critical rate PLUS a lower weapon speed. Those two stack up, they combine. So with with maxed CH skills, a player with a Light weapon will be doing more than twice as many critical hits compared to 2H.

As for Battle Rage, with the 1.3 ultra nerfing of enemy stun it's not the same problem as earlier builds; you're just better off with the Amulet or not worrying about it. I suppose it's only one skill point, but I'm grinding through the 1.3 Chitin dungeon (Askatir Mine) without any bother these days;
no Spirit armour, no Amulet, no relevant Skills. In 1.2 it was a horror - the warning sign was deeply relevant. Now? It would be mean to call the place a complete joke but it's nothing like the horror of old.

Infantry Training still has a good role at least to soak critical hit damage but of course that's a Sword & Board thing.

mauville

Thank you very much for all the information guys! I don't know a lot of the skills you guys mentioned but I will search them up and familiarize myself.

It seems as if the 2-H Warrior is not the ideal build, but I enjoy it so much that I'll keep going with it. I can always reset later!

I will be putting some points on Charge, and I will research more about trait checks!

Once again, thank you!
Post automatically merged:    

I have one more question guys. I am currently using Griss as my companion. She seems tanky and hits well, however, I keep reading that I should get Hirge because of the heals.

Lo and behold, I got Hirge and she did not seem as useful as Griss... They say she heals a lot but once her mana is gone she is not doing anything... I don't use recovers very often and I also don't think relying on mana pots is a good idea either so I don't get why everyone says Hirge is better. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
She is better as tank because of retribution and cheap cognac, also duel, heavyhand and spiritual ward. And mana is cheaper than healing potions.

Trace Da Cruz

They say she heals a lot but once her mana is gone she is not doing anything...
You have to be patient with this, since is a relatively early gameplay, but you will have to use potions if you don't use Recovery.
What I do is farming some mana potions, since they are actually more common than healing ones, and in the post game major healing potions don't make up the damage you take, also they are expensive (600 gold for 90 HP)

Don't let enemies to crowd her, you take the lead, and don't let her mana to run out, give her a potion each two or three times she heals you, and in addition, you can give her a healing potion when she is using healing, so she heals you too.

In other threads I found out that if you give her too much endurance, she won't heal as often, so go with strength, she can manage on her own at advanced levels, so don't underestimate her.

VDX_360

Staff member
For 2-H's:

Maxing out Charge + Whirlwind are absolutely wonderful. Both do increasing large amounts of damage and with both of them, you can alternate between the two so you almost always have an active skill ready to use.

Hirge is your go-to Companion. Her healing ability couples well with the 2-H's reduced armour.

It should go without saying, you should max out 2-H Expert.

Body Development is a great skill for STR and END heavy builds --- not essential for experienced players but really, really helpful for new players or players having difficulty staying alive (Ironman, anyone?).

Fury gives an impressive damage boost, especially late game. However, Hirge's healing will keep negated Fury, and when you're in the late game, chances are you're going to want to keep your HP maxed. That just means Fury just won't be active enough to take advantage of it.

lcisse2

go for 2 hand max >Whirlwind and charge max> Body Development >fury and heavyhand>>flurry > duel , batle rage , bloodlust

for stat : go for 5 strengh>4 endurance >and 6 agility> your choice

I finished the game in iron man mode with this build , 2-H Warrior is a powerful build

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
It's not optimal to get Flurry due to the AGI requirement because AGI does not help 2H damage. The only time your AGI gives you benefit is for a few Armour points (and you have Warrior armour anyway) but it doesn't help with standard hits, Whirlwind or Charge. You're likely better off putting the 21 Trait points into STR which ups Damage and HP and/or END which gives HP.

Warrior Flurry is tempting sometimes, primarily Light but also Hand weapon builds, AGI feeds into damage for both of them.

Arcanmaster

if you can handle Winter Bears.
Common bears also drop Fat. I think the best place for Whitetower Special farming is Deepfrost Glacier (Yetis have the biggest chance to drop Fat) and White Plains(Yetis, big amount of Merple), however it is rather for 12-level Mages then for 8-level Warriors.
>>flurry > duel , batle rage , bloodlust
Magical Training(it is handy to summon Earth Elemental and revive companion in boss fights) -> Battle Rage -> cleave and bash / Crits -> flurry.
It will be better.

Last edited:

lcisse2

flurry gives 22.5% dps (100% of the time) , if you have more than 35 damage I find it more profitable

and flurry is more useful for dueling

with 21 trait you can get only 1 or 2 str at endgame
Post automatically merged:    

Magical Training(it is handy to summon Earth Elemental and revive companion in boss fights) -> Battle Rage -> cleave and bash / Crits -> flurry.
It will be better.

i think you don't need cleave if you have whirlwind , charge and the hight damage of 2h

Battle Rage : is only for paralysis you don't realy need it if you have high spirit at this level

crit : is not the best with 2h because of slow speed and average , low crit chance of weapons

bash : some monster and boss are immune

Magical Training : idk it can be useful if you want to farm icemist underlevels (Scroll: Circle of Restoration) at endgame but if you have hirge, you can place her far from the fight

Last edited: