Search results

1. Denzera

Denzera's Game Commentary & Feature Requests (spoilers abound!)

*bump*. All but #6 on my list should be easy changes, and I really don't think they'd be controversial in any respect. The notes about plot are more to suggest a re-think on certain dialogue areas (and the monster/hireling AI). But basically, if these are easy tweaks, I think they'll greatly...
  2. Denzera

Denzera's bug reports

*bump* for #s 1-5.
  3. Denzera

Best weapon for cleric with cold damage?

Other people have told you the other possible item - although the wiki misleadingly calls it "Common", when it really should be Uncommon, as Traveling Armorers are rarely found in the first place, and then they rarely have that item for sale when you find them. But the real answer to your...
  4. Denzera

The warrior's advanced skills

Sure, although he can't do all at the same time (Goggled Helmet vs Crown of Galade), and as you're surely aware that keeping the Crown of Galade requires that he attack and kill the Lamth minotaurs at a very early stage in that quest. Either way, he'll need a third point in awareness sooner or...
  5. Denzera

Working on making videos of all the quests in this game.

Whoa. Good luck filming the Eye of Tol. :-) I think the most valuable videos would be of beating bosses that are often found to be hard. The hardest thing I did as a low lvl'r was probably beat the manticore whelp on the island... What a pain.
  6. Denzera

Denzera's bug reports

Thanks, I thought I was going crazy.
  7. Denzera

Bow discussion

Depends on your Agility and Awareness. If you've invested in damage bonuses to ranged attacks, more attacks/second make a bigger difference in DPS.
  8. Denzera

Denzera's Game Commentary & Feature Requests (spoilers abound!)

Just to add on to my other recent posts, I had some thoughts about the game and plot. And also a few minor suggestions that would make life easier. Firstly the feature requests. 1. When you go to spend trait points, it asks you to confirm the spend. When you go to spend skill points, there...
  9. Denzera

Flurry availability for clerics

If any of your non-boss battles take more than 6 seconds, you're probably doing it wrong.
  10. Denzera

Denzera's bug reports

So, I finally finished the game the other day. Excellently done throughout. I found the Ark to be challenging but not an overwhelming challenge, and likewise the final boss (frankly it felt a bit easy with support from the two NPCs, especially after killing Unweakened Undermother). I have my...
  11. Denzera

Typos - small errors, please notify here.

While I'm at it here, I remembered a few other typos that I only had screenshots of. 1. Upside-down question mark on the response to Undermother: 2. The word "fictitious" is spelled as "ficticious" at two points in the Magister's dialogue, one of which is in your response. The rest of mine...
  12. Denzera

Typos - small errors, please notify here.

"I'm going to The Bronx to root against the Yankees". Legal city name: "Bronx, NY". Look, it's pedantic, and frankly I could go either way on it. The point I feel stronger about is that "Nivarian", with the "-ian" suffix, is not a normal English place-name. "-ia" is very common. If it were...
  13. Denzera

Why I like this game. What do you guy's like about this game?

yeah, "one-time-only" purchase for unlocking content is the way to my heart too. I'm happy to pay some money so that I can enjoy something for a while and not feel like I'm being used as a piggy bank. Being able to preview the gameplay and then decide whether to pay money? Sublime! Within...
  14. Denzera

Sunken Citadel sometimes instantly resets

I'm not sure it's a bug and not a feature :) When farming (say) Sunken Citadel, I'll often pop up the stairs, save, pop down the stairs, and if it's reset then I'll move ahead, and if it's not, then I'll load, pop down again, and continue clearing. Can be quite convenient. I can see it being...
  15. Denzera

Potentially taking on the Ark tonight... Lvl 22 Ironman - Advice

I hope by this point you've either beaten it, or died and got horribly depressed and drank your face off and then felt much better. But in case you are still on the knife-edge of survival, let me just say: YOU AIN'T GOT NEARLY ENOUGH POTIONS! I started running the Sunken Citadel at about lv...
  16. Denzera

Bow discussion

This is the right answer. In the Ark, and even before (if facing sufficient fire resistance), the right answer is Jester Bow, until you find Ion Recurve. Otherwise, Wyrmslayer (or before that, Imperial Trollhunter) will get you the best bang for your buck. Speed kills.
  17. Denzera

The Ark of Lothasan

The process goes, enter -> get a large battery -> go upstairs, boot up Oracle -> go to basement, start the aux generator -> return to Oracle, learn a buncha stuff -> punch through final force field on main floor, find elevator up to upper deck -> fight through upper deck till you meet your...
  18. Denzera

Final boss question

Summons. The instant you regain control of your character, put up a Potion of Clarity on your companion and a scroll of earth elemental. Two seconds later, put on a buff potion on your companion and a scroll of dire wolf. Keep on trying to maintain multiple targets. When one of Amarisa and...
  19. Denzera

What are some moments you had in game that really made you feel like a badass?

I think I can top all of these. On my second attempt against Unweakened Undermother, my Lv 22 Rogue had worn her down by alternating pumping her full of jester arrows while Hirge took abuse, and letting Hirge heal by running like crazy and kiting her. I had her down to the nubs on health, when...
  20. Denzera

Teleportation stones - when they are becoming active - Spoilers

Dunno what your build is, but if you grind enough and head into the BapCave with stun immunity (for the goblin "Dragon Priests"), good fire resist, a well-equipped Hirge, a few summon scrolls, maybe Primal Icicle or Permafrost Greataxe, and all the buff potions and res scrolls you can muster...