Search results

1. MountainBard

Introduce yourself thread

Hi Hadif-- The most important thing to remember in playing a mage is patience. They get very powerful at higher levels ("crazy powerful" is what one member called it) but you have to survive long enough for them to get that way. Pretty much like every other fantasy RPR though, I guess.
  2. MountainBard

Hi Davis, and welcome. Are you also new to EK, or did you just discover the forum.
  3. MountainBard

Welcome Cristian! I'm not familiar w/the Gothic series. Is it for PC or mobile?
  4. MountainBard

Welcome Gabrielle! I think you can count on EK keeping you engaged for a very long time. I find it to be endlessly challenging, fascinating, and just great fun.
  5. MountainBard

Castle Bluerock

I have a bit of a different take on this. The trip up the valley and around the corner to the castle entrance is basically an attrition battle. The outlaws are mostly bow-armed, but there are a few who will melee you. I use primarily ranged attacks if I have anything but a cleric running. I like...
  6. MountainBard

Biggest Hits Dealt

That is one impressive big hit! I'm nowhere near dealing that kind of damage.
  7. MountainBard

Exiled Kingdoms are one of the best RPGs i have ever played.

I would say Ultima is definitely worth a try. I'd recommend starting w/Ultima V. I haven't played the old Baldur's Gate games, but I'd like to one of these days. The thing is, "so many games, so little time" has never been more applicable than now. There are so many new games coming out, and so...
  8. MountainBard

Dungeons And Dragons Players,Pathfinder Players,and other TableTop Roleplaying Gamers...

I started playing D&D over Thanksgiving 1975. We started Thursday night, and finally stopped on Saturday afternoon. I never looked back. In the early Oughts I had my own game store, complete with 4'x8' gaming tables. The store hosted regular tabletop RPGs, D&D being most common among them. I...
  9. MountainBard

Exiled Kingdoms are one of the best RPGs i have ever played.

As an old fart, I can say candidly that Ultima V was my favorite game for a long time, and I played a fair number of 80's and early 90's RPGs. More recently, I found Spiderweb Software's Avernum series (if you're not familiar, they do old-school RPGs that are a blast) and I spent a ton of time...
  10. MountainBard

What does your forum user name mean?

I grew up in Colorado, and I've always loved storytelling. Can't play a musical instrument, though.
  11. MountainBard

I'm a retired teacher and long-time computer game geek. Started w/Star Trek (in Basic) on an Apple IIe. In addition I started playing D&D in '75, and before that was a big board wargames guy. I was also fortunate enough to be able to own my own game store for 3 years. I discovered EK about four...