Search results

1. Invector

A Question about "Guardians" in the City of the Ancients

There are two types of "Guardians" in the city---one that looks like an Ancient Guardian and another that looks like an Earth Elemental. I was curious about what attributes they have, but neither type is listed in the wiki as far as I can tell. Am I just not seeing them or are they just not...
  2. Invector

Off Hand Weapons

I have a question maybe one of you EK gurus can answer for me. It's about off hand weapons effect. I was playing around with a melee rogue armed with the Flaming War Hammer as well as a Flaming Dirk while I wandered around the Trollfens. At one point I left and re-armed with two non-fire...
  3. Invector

What's The Deal Here?

I’m wondering what the background story is between Nisor in Northern Bluemist River and Three Claws in the Elder Forest. They appear to be twin brothers but Nisor obviously has no use for the Varannari, and Three Claws obviously is one. Let's hear an explanation. On a side note, either the...
  4. Invector

Embarrassing

Something just got me thinking and I'm wondering if any of you , as you're playing the game, do something that you're actually a little embarrassed about? So my second EK playthrough was a Staff/Summoner Mage. I still have the character and I still play it now and then just for the hell of it...
  5. Invector

The RNG gods love to mess with me.

So in preparation for taking on Faazvolfrul in the Deep Cauldron I decided to go pick up a couple of pairs of Ruined Dragoon boots in the Mausoleum. I haven't had a particularly difficult time getting them in the past, but this time I've ran it 7 times and have yet to get a single pair. On the...
  6. Invector

Lord of the Pit

I just finished The Sewer of Horrors for the umpteenth time, and as usual (I've only beaten him once) I gave up on killing the Lord of the Pit and just entered the portal. I'm curious about something. Regarding the Pit Lord fight the wiki says this: "it will be even harder your second time...
  7. Invector

Question about "Bloodlust"

I've never used Bloodlust before but I'm considering giving it a try with a new character. Neither the wiki nor the in-game description mention anything about a cooldown. I'm wondering if there is one or if the skill immediately resets after the 6 second period is up?
  8. Invector

EK needs better self defense laws

So the debate with the forsaken has been won……the magister has been convinced……no one enters the deep gate……no horrors……happy ending……the world has been saved. And yet no one bothered to tell those forsaken Hiroo Onodas posing as traveling merchants. And the aggravating thing is you have to let...
  9. Invector

Man, I gotta be more careful!

I just finished the fight with Azeran (Like Father, Like Son), and while looking at the combat log I noticed something strange. One of the lines reads "You hit You, 50-31=19 (shock)". I was using Staff of Storms so the shock makes sense, but heck, that's the first time as far as I know that I've...
  10. Invector

Just experimenting...

For the past couple of months I’ve been running sort of a linear experiment using four characters---warrior, cleric, mage, and rogue [archer]. I’ve joined each character to its respective guild---Warrior (warrior’s), Cleric (The Three), Mage (Wizard’s) [or will when I can], and Rogue (Seventh...
  11. Invector

Precision Strikes/Shots and Massive Criticals Question

I'd like to pose a question to all of you regarding a couple of skills….Precision Strikes/Shots and Massive Criticals. Starting at zero for both, let’s say you were given 1 skill point to spend on one or the other (and assuming you would get no more), which would you choose and why? Now let’s...
  12. Invector

Demonclaw Bug???

I have a question about the Demonclaw greatsword that Kalagru drops. According to the specs it has attributes of "Slow1" and "Vicious II". But when I arm Gris with it "Slow 1" does not show up in the "effect" line under "Attack Stats". I've armed her with a couple of other weapons with "Slow 1"...
  13. Invector

Spoilers Purple Medallion Question

I have a question regarding the purple medallions, and reading through other threads that mentioned them has just left me even more confused. I just recently ran a cleric through the City of the Ancients and picked up two medallions---one in a spot designated by the wiki, and a seemingly random...
  14. Invector

I'm just going to go ahead and say it.....

..... all three of my companions are effing idiots. :mad:
  15. Invector

Head of Itharrak the Firedancer

I’ve got a question regarding the head of Itharrak the Firedancer that I’ve wondered about for a long time. In the quest “Ancient Verses” the wiki recommends using a demonic skull instead of Itharrak’s head, because the head is “unique”. But as far as I can tell, there is no use for it other...
  16. Invector

Gem Question

I haven't been paying much attention to threads pertaining to the new update as I wanted to explore things on my own. But right now I'm still building up a Cleric and a Rogue and haven't really done much with the new quests. Not knowing what the new update entailed I started saving the various...
  17. Invector

[Bug] Temple of Blood: Can't cleanse fountains

I can't seem to cleanse the fountains and I have no idea why? I've done it twice with two other characters, but it isn't working this time. I approach the fountain and I get the four choices (leave, fill cup with blood, wash hands and face, and the "Intellect 3" choice---pouring in clean water)...
  18. Invector

Weapon not found in the Wiki equipment list

For any of you who can edit the wiki, I noticed that the "Bonegrinder", a hammer dropped by trolls, is missing in the equipment list of hammers. I know it's not a big deal, but maybe someone can add it.
  19. Invector

Trap Master Question

I have a question about a contradiction in the Wiki. Regarding Trap Master it says this: "You can only lay down one trap at a time, since by the time the cool down for the skill is complete so that you can place another trap, the previous trap you set will have vanished." However, the...
  20. Invector

Townhall Quest Problem

I'm experiencing something odd with my Townhall quests. I recently started playing another character (Cleric) and something is going on that I don't remember happening with my Mage and Warrior. I can't get the quest target (tome, seal ring, thief, etc.) to actually show up until AFTER I get all...