Search results

1. whitehawk

Your Favourite Video Games of All Time

When really young, I played Dungeons of Daggeroth on TRS-80 and loved the RPG element to such a basic visual. Betrayal at Krondor (1993?) on PC - (Love Raymond E Feist's Riftwar book series) Skyrim Ultima Pagan Doom (now play it as Brutal Doom) Heretic Hexen Sonic the Hedgehog 1 (1991) Fallout 4...
  2. whitehawk

The Kingdom of Circle

I have started a fantasy story The Kingdom of Circle here - www.WhitehawkStudios.org TKOC is updated every Friday at 9 PM (Australian Eastern Standard Time) Please enjoy, Gavin.
  3. whitehawk

What does your forum user name mean?

That is a cool story man. Cheers for sharing : ). LAN games were the best. I'm old enough to remember them too. Young players are lucky these days with the incredible speed games run these days in multiplayer. Classic days you needed patience for sure.
  4. whitehawk

What's everyone do for a living!

Thanks DavidBVal :)
  5. whitehawk

What music are you listening to right now?

Porcupine Tree - "Anesthetize" - brilliant song. Check out all of Porcupine Tree's work - worth a listen especially the albums In Absentia, Deadwing and Fear of a Blank Planet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NTcQffJKCk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aptCvDt7N9E...
  6. whitehawk

The Uncertainty of Heroism

Hancock started off really well but compromised for a Hollywood second half. I did enjoy Watchmen ( though love the comic much more. V for Vendetta comic was brilliant as well ). It is a true shame that Disney are buying up all the franchises. The saccharine (yet under the surface truly...
  7. whitehawk

Classic retro-style PC games by locomalito

https://www.locomalito.com/ I have played a few of these and they are awesome FREE retro style games. Locomalito is another games programmer who has a true love of classic retro style games. It is refreshing coming across game designers who respect the art of games and locomalito is one. I...
  8. whitehawk

Dog owners

Any dog owners here ? What is his/her name, breed and name your pet's best qualities. Chester, Golden Retriever X Standard Poodle, big ol' goofball but also intelligent and loves swimming at the beach. I suspect thinks he is a Dire Wolf though he is all bark and no bite.
  9. whitehawk

Diablo or diablo 2

I actually discovered Exiled Kingdoms while seeing on Google Play store if Diablo 1 had been ported to Android. Exiled Kingdoms is even more in depth story wise than Diablo so I am a happy customer.
  10. whitehawk

What's everyone do for a living!

I work as a residential support worker with adults with autism, specializing in working with very aggressive people with autism. I have worked in this field since 2003 for the same organisation and the pay, though not the focus, is decent here in Australia when you work overnight and weekend...
  11. whitehawk

The Uncertainty of Heroism

I think it all comes down to sacrifice. Sacrifice isn't just killing an animal to appease a deity but more of a principle of life. We knowingly or mostly unknowingly engage in sacrifices every day by the decisions we make and live with the consequences of our own individual actions. We...
  12. whitehawk

What does your forum user name mean?

My username "whitehawk" is the Old English translation of my given name- Gavin. It is a variation on the medieval name Gawain, meaning "god send" or "little white falcon". Also Sir Gawain was a knight of King Arthur's Round Table so it fits in with the RPG flavour :)
  13. whitehawk

Introduce yourself thread

Thank you p4ran0id :) My style is inspired by Eastman and Laird's original black and white TMNT comic and also 2000AD comics. I admire surreal artists such as Salvador Dali and H R Giger.
  14. whitehawk

Introduce yourself thread

Hello. I'm Gavin 37 from Australia and work as a Support Worker for adults with Autism. Stories are a big thing to me when I play a game and the development of characters is key for player immersion. I enjoy art and all types of creativity. Games I played in the past were Diablo, Ultima Pagan...
  15. whitehawk

Archaelund (now updated with screenshots and video!)

Archaelund already looks very decent. I am definitely going to buy Archaelund when it is available. Playing through Exiled Kingdoms on Cleric and having a fantastic time completing all the quests. If Archaelund is anything near as creative in story line and game play enjoyment as EK then you...