Help at Lothasan's Ark

Jose chs

How could I kill the monsters more easily, especially the spider and the action mage

Neponde

What class are you using?
What are your primary skills you have leveled up?

If possible, can you post pictures of your skills and your equipment? It will help us advise you better.

Neponde

Mages can have a difficult time in the Ark if you are not prepared. You will find Mage Barrier a very useful skill to have against melee foes you find. Another essential skill is Lesser Summoning, as the little fella is invincible against the ranged attacks you will face. It is a difficult area of the game to navigate as a squishy mage. You will also find it easier once you find the tesla rod.

Jose chs

I just don't have the tesla rod
Post automatically merged:    

Where can I find this item?

Kakost

You can kill each spider with 2 Lightnings.

Zap the first from afar, run a bit for the Cooldown to refresh, zap again.

For the Steel Wizards (the "machine gun" robots that shoots energy beams), you can either run back and forth at a distance, avoiding their energy beams, and zapping them at the intervals of their shots, or you can do the "cheater" and non challenging approach of using a lvl 1 shock imp summon that is 100% immune to their attacks.

For the spiders, you can alternatively zap them once at a distance and hit them twice with basic attacks, just know that with that you'll be hit once or twice, so be prepared to "tank" those in the chest. Have Mage Armor up, maybe you'd want Mage Barrier too (but I've done it all without it), but just pay attention to run away as soon as you destroy them, otherwise their self-destruction explosion may kill you (or hurt you badly).

Anyway, in the Ark you'll need to be pretty good with your positioning and movement. Just brainlessly standing still and hoping for the best wont do, you'll require some skill here (especially for Elementalist Mage)

VDX_360

Staff member
Ark enemies are weak against lighting, so weapons that deal lightening damage will be helpful.
Getting the Tesla Rod / Tesla Emitter as a drop in the Ark will help greatly.
Note: The EMP ability of the Tesla weapons uses small batteries in your inventory. Won't use up batteries if you store them in your backpack.

Making sure to learn spiders to one at a time (when every possible) will help a lot. Using doorways, turns, and hallways help.
Iron Golem Summon (or any summon) can help keep the spiders off you for a bit. They will tear through weaker summons pretty quickly but every bit counts till you get a Telsa weapon.

Maxing out your lighting resistance will greatly help against the Steel Wizards as their attack is pure elemental damage.

Kakost

I just don't have the tesla rod

Where can I find this item?
You can find it... At the Ark lol.

If Im not mistaken, it's randomly found at chests inside the Reactor area of the Ark (the most dangerous one lol).

But you don't really need it, just 2 zaps of lightning and the spiders die, you just need to zap, run and zap again.

But it's good to have that staff no matter what

Kakost

You may need to get in and out of the reactor several times to find the tesla weapons and restart the area (by sleeping 12 hours). I had to do it a ton of times to find all the items I wanted from there.

Would fire and ice elementals be important to have?
Not at all.