Basic builds & gameplay tips

Neponde

Just my thoughts on the Paladin. You may not agree and that's fine.
They are good thoughts. I'll definitely add a note that heal will break duel's chain. That said, they are how you choose to play the duelist build. They may be the most efficient. I'm not sure. But ...
These builds are meant to serve as a basic template, to be modified and tailored to your style.
I've tried very hard to leave builds with a small handful of critical skills, with room for people to adapt beyond that to what they enjoy. I'm considering editing a few to pull out a few critical skills (in my mind) because they are not technically necessary for the build to work. The min-maxer in me has a hard time not laying out a step-by-step plan for each of these to create a 'perfect' build for people to copy. Creating a thorough guide for these builds is beyond the scope of my desire, so that people have room to personalize each one. There are some comprehensive guides on the forum already 😀.

I greatly appreciate your input and feedback regardless. I have little experience with cleric, and your thoughts and suggestions have been very helpful.

Last edited:

Gr8Scott

The min-maxer in me has a hard time not laying out a step-by-step plan for each of these to create a 'perfect' build for people to copy.
I get it. Crusader isn't really critical just helpful. I over-shared my style of play in the post and specified they are just suggestions. One of the great things about the game is debating play styles. (Does agility fighter really work against heavily armored bosses? Havent tried it.) Your idea and format is great for basic breakdowns of character builds. Thanks for all the work to lay it out.

PierreJGrobbelaar

Man I had this just never got the time to play as I am really busy. Even when we had a public holiday yesterday I worked but I just said meh I am taking off till Tuesday as Monday is another public holiday. Saw some vids on this and this reminds me off Diablo. I still play Diablo 1 the hell2 mod and Diablo 2 medianxl. Use to run median xl at x8 players but If i remember correct they removed it.

I will most prob go my own build as I am a veteran in ARPG and the best part off games like these are trial and error :D

Kakost

...this reminds me off Diablo...
Hehehe you're in for quite a surprise.
I will most prob go my own build as I am a veteran in ARPG and the best part off games like these are trial and error :D
Those builds are to help new players and give them a better understanding of the possible playstyles they can have. Sure, you do have the 4 "Basic/Vanilla Classes", but in truth they arent the "real classes" of the game, the different builds are.

For instance, playing the class "Rogue" doesnt say all that much about the kind of character you'll be playing; if you however build it as an "Assassin" it plays like the typical RPG "Rogue" or "Thief" (like in DnD), while if you use the the Archer build, it goes as a "Ranger", and despite being the same "Class", they are playstyles completely different, to the point that some people are awesome with one style and terrible with the other.

A Summoner "Mage" is so different from an Arcane Knight "Mage" that if you were to watch only a video of both you wouldnt even know both are the same "class".

Also, on regards to Diablo: yes, at surface it looks similar, HOWEVER, Diablo was pure Hack'n'Slash - as in, get in guns blazing and kill all that moves.

Exiled Kingdoms however requires you to be much more thoughtful in your actions and to think tactically. Going into a dungeon expecting to smash everything without some planning will get you killed. You'll need to consider the skills and traits that you acquire, which items and consumables to get and which general direction you wish to go. That's why those "General Builds" are so helpful, specially for begginers, to serve as a first guide to the general direction to take.

Sure thing thou, finding out by yourself is fun, but trust me, a few tips here and there will be of great help.

Kakost

I just had a massive wild thought cross my mind...

Does anyone think that maybe a 2H Rogue Assassin could be viable?

Has anybody ever tried this?

PierreJGrobbelaar

Man sinking some time into ( first time in months that I am taking a break from work ) I have to say. I am having a blast. My 2 handed melee are baws but man my lighting sorc has to run for her poor life. I grew up with games like these. I do not play a lot of newer games as they are all graphics and no real story. I really don't know why I never heard of this game as a search a lot for ARPG's and this never came up in my feed. I actually took some time to brows through Gog's ARPG list and that is how I found this.

PS: Remember if you die a hero your are still dead.
PSS: I would rather be Scared Jack than Dead Jack :D

Neponde

Updated the guide again. Included:
-Companion guide
-Aggro
-Luring
-Flanking
-Skill placement

The core of what I originally wanted to create is completed (though build setups are always open to debate and feedback.)

Now, i could use some feedback.
1) Is this a useful guide?
2) How could I make it more helpful for beginners?
3) What are some ways to expand it further?