Guide [Spoilers] Recipe for high reputation in all 4 kingdoms

User guide, walktrough, instructions how to do something...

mashedpotatogin

my apologies if already mentioned, but if i am not wrong there is a current bug where after saving after speaking to Janod in Kingsbridge initiating his "A Mad Wizard", and reloading that save will mysteriously cause the reputation deduction to revert back to neutral.

Kakost

Note: if your focus is to also be the good guy you can't do any of the Mercia/Jabal town halls because the deserters are good guys. If you're drafted or join up and thereafter realize, oh slavery is bad then you'd be a deserter too.
Lol no. The Mercia deserters arent deserters because they realized "oh damn, slavery bad!", but rather because they decided that banditry is better than risking their lives for the legion.
Post automatically merged:    

Often it's political maneuvers up-top against a rival military commander. Mercian legions are no longer following the imperial "enlisting" model that would be familiar to us, it has become a warrior-caste system in which a soldier's sons will one day become part of the same legion, and they become loyal not to the king, but to a certain commander in particular (typically the one in control of lands where the family women remain, administering over crops and slaves). Mercia is in many ways ruled by warlords, with the crown having limited powers.
Wow, that's indeed some nice place you created there pal. It seems an ideal place to raise children and create some roots indeed.

Now I've managed to like them even less. But in a "love to hate" way, incredible world building skills you have.

There are plenty of examples that in history.

The idea of getting too loyal to one commander was one of the reasons a lot of modern militaries rotate troops every few years. That, and it helps sort out staffing issues, promotion issues, etc.

But the idea of keeping the military loyal to the civilian leaders was cited by several countries when they first started doing it.
Well, most famously that was one of the many things that plagued the Romans, even during the republic but especially under the Empire.

Julius Caesar rebellion was only possible due to that fact after all, the one thing that ended the republic and created the Empire

@DaleTilgo2022 :drops depleted Gate scroll:
Mercian Legionnaire: Stop right there you criminal scum!
;x
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Skyrim: player drops used scroll
"Who goes there? Damn thief, die!"

HAHAHAHA that made my day!

Also: good work going to the plaque just to show it, now that's some next lvl commitment

Last edited:

mashedpotatogin

@mashedpotatogin interesting, it's not possible in Ironman difficulty though, and using bugs is a taboo subject on the forum, so let's not encourage that ;)
feels kinda rigid as bugs that aren't too gamebreakin could be fun, however rules are rules I will comply, I hope i do not forget again unless at the bug tracking category if we have it.

Darteous

How many months old is it before it's necroing a post?

So I did the thuram trick for better rep and almost died. Should be noted you can't sleep in a town if you are hated there/hated there since you last slept. I went to sleep in the town and the guards blocked me in, luckily I have a push back that gave me enough space

DaleTilgo2022

How many months old is it before it's necroing a post?

So I did the thuram trick for better rep and almost died. Should be noted you can't sleep in a town if you are hated there/hated there since you last slept. I went to sleep in the town and the guards blocked me in, luckily I have a push back that gave me enough space
Thank you for the insight. I attempted grinding enough gold before taking the hit with Thuram/Wizard's Guild but I didn't have the patience for it. I'd be curious to know in general which negative reputation levels incur which consequences with which kingdoms/towns/guilds?

Kakost

Thank you for the insight. I attempted grinding enough gold before taking the hit with Thuram/Wizard's Guild but I didn't have the patience for it. I'd be curious to know in general which negative reputation levels incur which consequences with which kingdoms/towns/guilds?
That information is present at the wiki

the deadgod

Loreseeker
ok, this sounds like a lot of fun, although in some ways it doesn’t make sense, but I guess I want to do it.

anyway it's nice to be considered a great hero everywhere, even if it doesn't make much sense, it makes you feel more important, like achievements in games.

Last edited: