Off Hand Weapons

VDX_360

Staff member
Kick and Trap Master traps do not have fire damage, so they should NOT kill a troll. Note, they can still weaken a troll.
On contrast, Explosive Traps, deal fire damage. So they should be able to kill a troll.

On the same note, the Skill Whirlwind doesn't include elemental damage of a weapon. So Whirlwind will trigger a regeneration if it lands the killing blow.

Lamar

On contrast, Explosive Traps, deal fire damage. So they should be able to kill a troll.
Good to know! Thanks!

Ahh, there's a plus and minus to explosive traps.
Good: they deal fire and will kill trolls.
Bad: they'll replace your regular trap skil so there's no option to just do physical damage with traps and they'll heal fire based mobs. Perhaps that they replace the original skill can be noted in the wiki?

Last edited:

Invector

Any part of the attack, the physical, the fire, or the death damage can take the troll to zero hp. That's just the luck of the math to which aspect takes it to zero. Because the attack had fire damage, the troll will stay dead.
And THAT answers my question. Thanks VDX!

Kakost

It all adds up to one single attack, as long as it has some fire properties, it will kill trolls đź’Ş
I had cases of the "killing blow" coming not from the extra fire damage of a weapon but rather just the physical and the damnable Troll waking up.

At first I thought I had done something wrong, but after several tests I confirmed it. I dont know if it was a bug or a particular bug with just a single weapon or something thou
Post automatically merged:    

Hmm... Now that I thought about it, I think this weird occurency happened using a warrior's whirlwind skill... Now, it has been a long, long time since I found that out, but I believe it was that

Last edited: