Guide Grissenda builds

User guide, walktrough, instructions how to do something...
Many new players are wondering: how should I develop my favourite companion Grissenda?
This leads them to forum, where they direct this question to experienced players.
No need to look further, the guide is here! This will be of course my subjective opinion based on my experience, so if someone has another idea for a fun build, then by all means: please share!
I also recommend giving all available skill tomes to your favourite companion, since this immensely helps in achieving a build without any compromises!

Goals of these builds: maximising effectiveness, minimising weaknesses, low investments & high returns - getting all useful skills to level 1, then upgrading to level 2, in most cases we forget about level 3

I. 1handed Grissenda - this build uses ordinary hand weapons. Light weapons are useable on low to mid levels, but not effective on high levels. Why? Because you'd have to give up on Infantry Training (very powerful skill), and either Heavy-handed, Bodybuilding, or high agility stat that is essential for the effective employment of light weapons. If you stick to necessary investments, you won't have to retrain your companion.

Low level:
- Traits: INT 1(it's cheap, and boosts XP gains), then invest in strength and endurance only.

- Skills:
Fury 2 or 3 - gives major damage boost, gets activated frequently, and in case of your companion it's rather safe to use,
Cleave 2 - helps in crowded fights,
Shield Expert 3 - needed later, boosts toughness,
Resilience 2 - optional but useful, boosts toughness without extensive potion spamming, you might give up on it to save skill points,
Two Handed Expert 0 - it's not used in this build,
Bash & Whirlwind 0 - I advise against these skills, unless you like to have your targets knocked around by your companion,
After you get the skills that you deem necessary, save all the skill points for later.

High level:
Once you complete Grissendas quest that grants her advanced skills, you'll have much more options to improve her battle prowess:
- Traits: raise Grissendas PER 3, AWA 1, STR 3, END 4, STR 4

- Skills:
Infantry Training 2 - probably the best skill for improving toughness. Stun immunity, and 50% critical hit resistance are really helpful. Halved paralysis duration helps too, but doesn't neutralise this threat,
Precision Strikes 2 & Massive Criticals 2 or 3 - these require big investment, but synergise well, and combined with Cleave allow Grissenda to mow down monsters quite effectively. If you don't like the random factor involved, leave the investment in these skills for later,
Bodybuilding 2 - offers big HP boost, which is always helpful, but requires END 4, so you'll probably get it late,
Heavy-handed 2 - offers stable damage boost, but requires STR 4, so you'll probably get it late,

I. 2handed Grissenda - this build requires resetting your companion, unless you want 2 skill points, and 2 trait points locked in areas that are hardly beneficial to her. Using 2 handed weapons means Grissenda will be less tough, but more deadly, and able to stun your opponents pretty frequently.

Low level:
- Traits: PER, AGI, and AWA to 0, INT to 1, STR and END as high as possible/desired. STR is more important stat here

- Skills:
Two Handed Expert 3 - your most important skill that gives you stable damage boost, and stun chance very early in the game,
Fury 2 or 3 - gives you a good damage boost, and stacks very well with Two Handed Expert,
Cleave 2 - damage and stun for everyone!
Shield Expert 0 - this skill is of no use here
Resilience 0 - without shield this skill is weaker. If you really need this effect, consider using potions instead,
Bash & Whirlwind 0 - the same situation as with 1h build, but Whirlwind might work better with 2h. If you care enough to try it, then go ahead. Personally I'm not interested,

High level:
- Traits: STR 4, END 4, AWA 1, then STR all the way

- Skills:
Infantry Training 0 - forget about it
Heavy-handed 2 - should be available pretty early compared to 1h build,
Bodybuilding 2 - as above,
Precision Strikes 2 & Massive Criticals 2 or 3 - these are still worth getting, but are less effective here, because 2h weapons have lower crit chance, and are slower, which means massive criticals happen less often.

Phew! Any questions?
Is it alright if I just side stepped massive crit and precision strikes if I'm building a tank armored gris build? I'd like to send an ss but I literally don't know how to.

Atomos

@Mattey | RoguesBased if you're ok with Grissenda dealing less damage, then it's perfectly fine. If you're skipping Massive Criticals, skip Precision Strikes too. There's no good reason to keep one, because these are weaker than Heavy-handed when not used together